Notices

Not sure I like my 5100s?

Old 06-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
Not sure I like my 5100s?

swapped in 5100s at stock setting along with trd offroad coils on my base prerunner, it all lifted the truck over an inch somehow and the more and more i drive im beginning to regret this move since it seems like it rides so much rougher now.
its my work truck, im ont he road/hwy all day with it so itd be nice for it to be as comfortable as possible... going over a speedump any faster then 5mph feels like driving off a 2 foot curb.
still have stock rear shocks... thinking the yellow/blue trd bilsteins are a better fit for my driving style.

my tires are at proper pressure so i know its not those making the ride suck.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #3
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
or maybe its the TRD OR coils?
shit, forgot to mentino that... that was my other concern was if the combination of them both is what im not liking.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
maybe the combo, but those OR coils are stiffer than the regular coils you replaced
Old 06-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
The coils.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
LVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LVTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just put 5100s @ 1.75 with Sport coils and standard TRD rear shocks from base Tokicos... I love it honestly, rides way better. Any anything you hit over 5mph thats speedbump size is going to feel like a curb unless you have more suspension :-/. Take it in the dirt and work the shocks out and see if that helps?
Old 06-07-2010, 02:55 PM   #7
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
ok,... if i take them out, are the OR coils worth anything to sell?
Old 06-07-2010, 02:56 PM   #8
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVTacoma View Post
Just put 5100s @ 1.75 with Sport coils and standard TRD rear shocks from base Tokicos... I love it honestly, rides way better. Any anything you hit over 5mph thats speedbump size is going to feel like a curb unless you have more suspension :-/. Take it in the dirt and work the shocks out and see if that helps?

any pictures? does it sit level with the rear?
Old 06-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #10
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
got the shocks used btw so theyre already broke in
Old 06-07-2010, 04:14 PM   #11
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Any chance the collars got installed upside down on the snap ring when you did the install?
That would raise it about an inch.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #12
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
not too sure, i bought them already mounted with the springs in all, was a direct swap with my stock set up.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:36 AM   #13
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
Any chance the collars got installed upside down on the snap ring when you did the install?
That would raise it about an inch.

+1, if you installed them at the stock setting and got an inch of lift, the collar is either upside down, or they are set at the 0.85 setting.

Can you post of a picture of the setup?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:45 AM   #14
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
They are compressing the stock spring, so yes the more compression the rougher the ride. LOts of guys have admitted that after install.

I love my OME 885s and OME shocks..3 inches of lift and it rides smoother than stock. Just soaks up the bumps.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:51 AM   #15
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
They get softer as you drive on them more... Break in period.

But I have stock shocks with a Fabtech AAL in the rear... and it bouces EVERYwhere if I hit a speedbump a little fast.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:53 AM   #16
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
They are compressing the stock spring, so yes the more compression the rougher the ride. LOts of guys have admitted that after install.

I love my OME 885s and OME shocks..3 inches of lift and it rides smoother than stock. Just soaks up the bumps.
What did you have before the lift?

I have stock TRD Sport suspension in my 2009 DC. I'm considering the OME kit with 885 springs and shocks all the way around + AAL in the rear. I'm curious if it will be a smooth ride (OR SMOOTHER than the current ride on the TRD Sport springs).
Old 06-11-2010, 07:56 AM   #17
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Mine ride just fine on the road set @ 2.5 with OR springs. They are stiffer feeling off road and do not make speed bumps seem like they aren't even there but most of my driving is back and forth to work on the frwy so it matters not. I expect to have to spend 10k to make my truck feel like it's driving on pavement when actually I'm doing 80mph during the baja 1000 but I only spent 500.00 so it doesn't............
Old 06-11-2010, 07:56 AM   #18
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
My sport/SR5 coils ride great with the 5100s. borrow a coil compressor from autozone and try the sport coils.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #19
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
What did you have before the lift?

I have stock TRD Sport suspension in my 2009 DC. I'm considering the OME kit with 885 springs and shocks all the way around + AAL in the rear. I'm curious if it will be a smooth ride (OR SMOOTHER than the current ride on the TRD Sport springs).
Bought the truck new, drove 20k miles on it then put in the lift. Smoother than stock, on stock tires with the OME 885s and OME shocks and a push bar on the front, LB DC 4*4 Add some 285 MTs and its a little rougher..but thats the tires and what PSI I run them at.

Worth the money. If I wanted to compress the springs I would have just put in a spacer lift.