Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Bilsteins installed wrong?

Old 06-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
Nick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nick
Nick_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Bilsteins installed wrong?

I took my 1st gen tacoma to my local shop to have them install my front and rear bilsteins

well i drove by and one rear shock is mounted boot up and the other is boot down

should i go back tomorrow and have them put them both one way? which way is the right way?
Old 06-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds suspect...but I have no idea. Bump for an educated response.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:48 PM   #3
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Taco View Post
I took my 1st gen tacoma to my local shop to have them install my front and rear bilsteins

well i drove by and one rear shock is mounted boot up and the other is boot down

should i go back tomorrow and have them put them both one way? which way is the right way?
Canister needs to be up with boot down. If still unsure, the words on the sticker should be positioned so that you don't have to be standing on your head to read them.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
Nick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nick
Nick_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Canister needs to be up with boot down. If still unsure, the words on the sticker should be positioned so that you don't have to be standing on your head to read them.
okay thank you for your help

and thank you for shipping my shocks to me with tons of great communication and a friendly staff!