Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Timbren Bump Stops reviews???

Old 06-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
Eesh is on a distinguished road
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
Timbren Bump Stops reviews???

For those of you that have them... I'm just looking for personal opinions or reviews on Timbren Bump Stops.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i used to have them, i thought they were pretty nice but not amazing.

worth the money? for me, no. they had to much rebound and made landings too bouncy

but they did cushion great and made impacts soft
Old 06-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
Eesh is on a distinguished road
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 06-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #4
wolfeye is on a distinguished road

wolfeye's Tacoma Gallery
If you tow you may want to consider getting a set for the rear end. If I were you I'd rather just invest in a good set of coilovers, new leaf pack, and rear shocks.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
StandupTaco is on a distinguished road
StandupTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If you're talking about the Timbrens SES system, I no likey! Too rough hitting on the Taco when going over bumps on a well used road, paved. As others have said, invest in something else unless you tow a lot of weight! IMHO...
Old 06-11-2010, 09:44 AM   #7
matthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the rough

Name: matthew
matthew5olson's Tacoma Gallery
I have them on the rear. The trailer I tow has a lot of tongue weight and with my 5100's up front it looked retarted evertime the back end would squat. I didn't want to get pulled over because it looked like my trailer was to heavy. I installed the timbrens inn just the rear (with my aal 4" lift). my leafs are old but now when I have the trailer on the truck sits level. Looks much better. I am horrible at noticing ride quality so I couldn't help you there. I have tires set at 80psi so it is already a bumpy ride.
If you do a lot of heavy hauling or towing these are a good buy. they will help save your leaf springs.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:54 AM   #8
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandupTaco View Post
If you're talking about the Timbrens SES system, I no likey! Too rough hitting on the Taco when going over bumps on a well used road, paved. As others have said, invest in something else unless you tow a lot of weight! IMHO...
If you're hitting the bumpstops unladen on a paved road, something is very wrong with your rear suspension.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #9
Protected by Glock
Vidman will become famous soon enoughVidman will become famous soon enough
Name: Rick
Vidman's Tacoma Gallery
I have them but i also have alcan custom leaf paks I have them set at around 3 inchs of clearance. they are perfect for weights that i haul. empty you never even know you have them.
Attached Thumbnails
Timbren Bump Stops reviews???-p6110475.jpg  
Old 06-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #10
StandupTaco is on a distinguished road
StandupTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
If you're hitting the bumpstops unladen on a paved road, something is very wrong with your rear suspension.

I'm not hitting the bump stops, I'm was occasionally hitting the Timbrens and she hit's hard even with the 1- 1 1/2" space/gap. I have the 4 leaf pack and it rides nice now without the Timbrens installed, just factory Bumpstops. The Truck is new like 2 months new so I can't see the leafs being bad.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm not hitting the bump stops, I'm was occasionally hitting the Timbrens and she hit's hard even with the 1- 1 1/2" space/gap. I have the 4 leaf pack and it rides nice now without the Timbrens installed, just factory Bumpstops. The Truck is new like 2 months new so I can't see the leafs being bad.
Timbrens are bumpstops.

I repeat: If you're hitting the bumpstops without a load in the bed on paved road, something is wrong with your truck. I don't care how many leaves (I have the TSB springs as well), how much clearance, how new, etc. - that should never happen, ever.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #12
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Too rough hitting on the Taco when going over bumps on a well used road, paved.
I have them and I really don"t see how that's possible, you must have done something wrong. To the OP here is a more accurate review of the Timbrens : http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=258979