Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2005 - Rear spring replacement - no lift

Old 06-08-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
LoudDog is on a distinguished road
LoudDog's Tacoma Gallery
2005 - Rear spring replacement - no lift

My rear springs are shot and I'm well past warranty so the TSB is out of the question. The want $1700 to do the TSB work now!

I can replace the springs myself easy enough, but I'm having trouble shopping for springs with no lift (a little is okay, but i'm not lifting the truck).

I regularly tow a 4000+ pound trailer so stronger then stock springs would be nice, stronger then the TSB springs would be nicer.

This is all I've found thus far:
http://www.northwestoffroad.com/parts/2stage.html

Anything better, or opinions on these?

Any comments on going to the local chain shops and getting their version installed?

$1700 for new springs and shocks installed seems a little insane.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
LoudDog's Tacoma Gallery
I've done some digging and a lot of people seem to have problems with NWOR, but the big complaint seems to be too stiff. Since i'm looking for stiffer (cap and 400-450 pound tounge weight) that might work?

I sent a note to ALCAN, but other then that, I can't find replacement springs that don't lift the truck.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Why not get some OME Dakar springs and some 5100 or OME rear shocks for about $600ish from Wheelers. They have a better price than toytec and all the hardware you need to do the job yourself.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i would say go with OME springs and shocks my dakars with the third leaf removed has settle down and its not much higher than stock. I need to put the third leaf back in.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:03 PM   #5
LoudDog's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upometaco.htm

All I can find are lift springs? I don't want to have to lift the front, and lifting just the rear is not going to be good for towing.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #7
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Have you considered Timbrens or AirLift airbags? Otherwise you probably are going to have to get a custom made pack.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #8
LoudDog's Tacoma Gallery
Got a reply back from Alcan and that seems to sound good. They'll custom make a set of HD springs for $410.

I like the idea of picking up a used TSB set too though.

Thanks