Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Stiff ride help

Old 06-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
keeganfl is on a distinguished road
Name: Keegan
keeganfl's Tacoma Gallery
Stiff ride help

Hey guys, i have an 01 toyota tacoma prerunner. My mods are 2.5inch spacers and 2inch shackles for the back. I previously had these cheap wedges in between the coils to gain additional lift. However I have a insanely rough ride. I still have the stock struts in the front and have since removed the wedges. I know that spacer lifts decrease ride comfort but this is a very stiff ride.

I have been looking at the Bilstein 5100 lift shock. I like this since i can adjust the shock and not have to worry about alignment. I know the more you crank the shock the stiffer the ride will become but what do you all think about having the 5100's at an inch of lift with the 2.5in spacers on top?

this should ease my ride a bit.

maybe somebody wants to give me a camberg longtravel kit.....
Old 06-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=keeganfl;1850778
I previously had these cheap wedges in between the coils to gain additional lift. However I have a insanely rough ride.quote]

^^^^^
That sounds like your problem.