1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB for my 08 Taco TRD

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Brunes, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Jun 1, 2008 at 8:51 AM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I've got the TRD package with the Billie shock kit. I've read up on the TSB and when I get home- I'm looking at my truck and then going to talk to the dealership about it.

Over the course of reading the forum- I caught some stuff about leveling and about the 5100 series shocks.

My question is this- Can I level out the truck without going to aftermarket parts?? How about after I do the TSB??

Just trying to make sure I've got my info straight before I go off ordering parts and stuff.
    Thanks guys!!

2. Jun 1, 2008 at 10:54 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    You will need to lift your front end by about 2" or so to get the truck level. Its a piece of cake to do! :)

3. Jun 1, 2008 at 3:23 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    ::nods:: That's what I thought-
    So I'm in for a 90 dollar (or so) leveling spacer set, and 2XX bucks for the 5100 shocks in the front?? And I guess it's worth the upgrade to the 5100's in the back too??

4. Jun 1, 2008 at 3:30 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Screw the spacers, just get the 5100s if you want it level.

For just the fronts its $160 shipped through down south motorsports on ebay.

You can keep running the factory bilstiens in the rear if you want.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Jun 1, 2008 at 9:43 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    So the stock springs will be long enuf with the 5100s??

6. Jun 2, 2008 at 3:59 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Yes the stock Coils are what your supposed to use with the 5100s.

Both Bilstien and Toytec say not to use the 5100s with a spacer lift but to use them with the stock coils.

7. Jun 2, 2008 at 4:21 AM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Nice....Appreciate the info!!

Apparently the leaf pack was "fixed" for '08...So i'm going to have to load up the truck and see what happens.

Any other 08' owners had the problem??

8. Jun 10, 2008 at 10:14 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    Don't know about fixed? I never actually hauled anything real heavy with the 3 leafs that came on the truck origionally. I had the TSB done adding the 4 leaf springs and have since hauled some pretty good weight. I like the way it handles both with a load and without. Don't feel the dealer would have done it to my '08 if it has truley been fixed by beefed up 3 leafs. With the stock TRD shocks my truck was about 2.25" higher in the rear after the TSB.
    I added 5100's all around and adjusted the front 5100's to the .85" setting and the rear is still 1.25" higher in the rear, which I like. Set this way with a load it is still level or slightly taller in the rear. Set to the third setting of 1.75 would probably have set my truck exactly level running light. Note that everybody gets different results with the TSB.

Products Discussed in

To Top