Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Another lift question

Old 06-09-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
gopens48 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
gopens48's Tacoma Gallery
Another lift question

Alright so i have decided to go with Leeper 2.5 coilovers up front, and most likely toytech AAL's in the back. I will also be getting a diff. drop kit to throw on. Is there anything else you guys would recommend that I get as far as suspension goes? I only really do light off roading, not much other than getting to camping/fishing/hunting sites.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Longer rear shocks to match the rear lift?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:37 AM   #3
gopens48 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
gopens48's Tacoma Gallery
are you suggesting new shocks along with the AAL? or in place of the AAL? If i got rear bilstein 5100's, would that eliminate the need for an AAL or would i still need it?
Old 06-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #4
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
The AAL is what gives lift. The shocks are what control the motion of the vehicle. Since you are making the rear end taller. Your rear shocks will be extended more. Since this doesn't leave a lot of down travel left with the stock shocks, sometimes people can feel the shocks top out. A new set of 5100s are longer than stock for lifted applications.