Notices

taco 2.5 lift

Old 06-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
17hmrtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: jake
17hmrtaco's Tacoma Gallery
taco 2.5 lift

help needed

i have a 2.5 inch lift on my 03 4 door taco im not sure what kind it was on there when i got the truck but i want to replace the shocks with billys but idk what size could someone plz help me
Old 06-10-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Need more info. Are the shocks shot and you just want news ones and want to keep the lift?

Are you wanting to go to stock height?

Post a picture of the front suspension and we can help you identify what kind of lift you have.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17hmrtaco View Post
help needed

i have a 2.5 inch lift on my 03 4 door taco im not sure what kind it was on there when i got the truck but i want to replace the shocks with billys but idk what size could someone plz help me
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.. but the OP has possibly 1 of 3 or more lifts/combinations.
1. 5100's already (set at 2.5)
2. Higher Spring Coils
3. Spacer
4. Combination of one or more..

If you just want to change out to billy's and keep everything else the same, then just order from one of the many vendors (DSM, Wheelers, Toytec, etc) for billy's for the '03 taco, set them at "0".. and there is nothing else to do..

If you want to "just" run billy's at 2.5, then your gonna have to make sure that you have the stock height coils..or your gonna wind up with a higher lift than just 2.5

If you are just looking for the model/code for billy's that fit your '03..(which I hope you didn't start a thread just asking for that) type in bilstein 5100 03 tacoma in google and look around....
Old 06-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
will this work
Old 06-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
will this work
Take a little higher resolution pic and it will show up a little larger. I can't enlarge your pic enough to see exactly, but looks to me like you have a spacer.

Depends on what you want to run. Do you want to keep your spacer?
Old 06-13-2010, 10:23 PM   #6
i do want to keep the spacer and i also have a 2.5 block on the rear axal
Old 06-14-2010, 09:00 AM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Still confused.....you want new shocks or no? You want to keep the spacer in particular, or just keep the truck lifted some other way?
Old 06-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #8
i want to keep everything i just want to put billys on the truck
Old 06-18-2010, 01:55 AM   #9

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i want to keep everything i just want to put billys on the truck
Now I'm confused... If you just want to replace with billy's, then your actual question is what???? Go to one of the dealers here on TW and order replacements for your year...