LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

dealership lift

Old 06-10-2010, 07:27 AM   #1
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
dealership lift

ok my truck is brand new and the dealership told me if i want a lift i have to let them do it or it will void my warrenty now i know they will prob rip my off and i will pay way more then i need to. but what choice do i have? is paying to much for a lift worth it to keep my warrenty? i guess im just stuck on what to do. any insight on if its worth it or not. keep in mind i havent gone and gotten a price yet for the lift so i cant give you a price.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:30 AM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
If you get/install a lift from anywhere else it will NOT automatically void your warranty. If a warranty covered part fails the onus is on the dealership to prove your modification caused the failure.

If your radio dies and you have a lift...There is no reason for your warranty to suffer.

You will also pay MUCH more for a MUCH lower quality lift by getting it at the dealership.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:30 AM   #3
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
RHT (assumption b/c your near fort bragg) is not being truthful with you. To void a warranty with an aftermarket part, The part in question must be Proven without a doubt to have caused the problem.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:15 AM   #4
Camdan will become famous soon enoughCamdan will become famous soon enough
Name: Cameron
Camdan's Tacoma Gallery
I am in the same situation right now, with just over 5,000 miles I am under warranty for another 95,000. I am already really wanting a lift as well so, if I was to put an aftermarket 3" lift on would I really lose much? Or is the risk greater than the pay off?
Old 06-10-2010, 08:22 AM   #6
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
i guess my next question is there anyone here from around fort bragg that knows a good shop?
Old 06-10-2010, 08:47 AM   #7
Daudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Daudio's Tacoma Gallery
google the "manugson-moss warranty act of 1975" and it explains that they can't deny you a warranty and the provisions of it
Old 06-10-2010, 08:51 AM   #8
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daudio View Post
google the "manugson-moss warranty act of 1975" and it explains that they can't deny you a warranty and the provisions of it
he means "Magnuson-moss act"
Old 06-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #9
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Well, my dealer fought tooth and nail about my CV axel. Now granted they did not install the lift and when confronted that they are selling trucks with SPACER lifts installed and my geometry was better than theirs, they still fought it. When I asked if they would cover the warranty on theirs for a CV axel, they told me that Toyota WOULD NOT. I then asked them if they told their customers that when they bought the trucks??? After that I threatened to get my next door neighbor, one of our local news anchors to do a report on their dealer. After that they covered it but said Toyota wasn't paying for it but somebody else was. I think that's why they have spacer lifts priced at $1,800 on the window stickers to cover these things. Either way, if they do it or if you do it, don't plan on warranty issues being easy. Just pay less, do it right on your own IMO. Ask Benca1 about this. His dad owns a different Toyota dealership in town.