Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Eibach/5100

Old 06-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
MX81 will become famous soon enoughMX81 will become famous soon enough
MX81's Tacoma Gallery
Eibach/5100

I have tried searching with no luck, can someone explain the benefit of going with the 5100 and Eibach springs compared to 5100 with stock spring set at 1.75. Trying to find the smoothest ride. I currently have the 5100s set at .85, and Im wanting to go alittle higher to even out the front when I have the TSB installed. Thanks
Old 06-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Just set them at a higher setting and you will be good to go. The stock coils work great, especially on a brand new truck like yours.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
28Gauge's Tacoma Gallery
The Eibach's with 5100's set at 0 will give you about 1.6 inches of lift without compressing the spring. Compressing the spring with the 5100's at a higher setting than 0 results in a stiffer ride. The higher the setting, the stiffer the ride will be. The Eibach's are a taller spring than the stock ones.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #4
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure someone will!! ), but don't you have that backwards? If the shock is set to 0, the spring would be more compressed than at say, .85" resulting in a stiffer ride at the 0 setting where there is less play in the spring.

On the flip side, there would be less upward (shock expansion) travel allowed with the .85 setting.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #5
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroCooper View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure someone will!! ), but don't you have that backwards? If the shock is set to 0, the spring would be more compressed than at say, .85" resulting in a stiffer ride at the 0 setting where there is less play in the spring.

On the flip side, there would be less upward (shock expansion) travel allowed with the .85 setting.
the lowest setting is 0, and the spring is less compressed.. as you go from 0-2.5 the spring is more compressed because there is now less room between the plate and the top of the housing.. Think of a click pen.. with the pen tip "not showing" it is like 0 and no pressure on the spring.. with the pen tip "showing" it is like at .85-2.5 with compression being placed on the spring..
Old 06-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #6
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info. So you are saying that the higher the setting, the more the spring is compressed, and therefore, the less amount of lift to the truck?
Hmmm, I was thinking it was the other way around all this time, as in 0 = 0 lift, .85 = .85" lift, etc.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
28Gauge's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the info. So you are saying that the higher the setting, the more the spring is compressed, and therefore, the less amount of lift to the truck?
Hmmm, I was thinking it was the other way around all this time, as in 0 = 0 lift, .85 = .85" lift, etc.
No. The higher the setting, the more lift you will get. The higher the setting, the stiffer the ride.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
0 is 0 lift, .85 = .85, 1.75 = 1.75, 2.5 = 2.5.

Think of the pen again.. if in it's "closed" position the pen is at 0, then pen's total length is "X".. with the pen in the "out" position, the pen is at 2.5 and the total length is now "X+tip" which is longer than when it was at 0 setting..
Old 06-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #9
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So Confusing.

With a Bilstein 5100, there are a few settings at which the lower coil seat sits on the shock body. 0" setting the lower coil seat is at the same position as any replacement shock. As you move the snapring up to a higher setting (higher up on the shock body), the coil pushes the shock/suspension farther down (extends the shock more). The coil still only compresses as much as the weight of the vehicle. Because of the geometry change in the front suspension, forces change and so then does the feel of the ride. Make sense?
Old 06-12-2010, 06:51 AM   #11
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
if i buy 5100's and put them on my truck, can i leave them set at 0 and keep my readylift leveling kit? the kit is 2.25 in front and a 1 inch add a leaf in the back!!! can i keep this set up with the 5100's?
Old 06-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #12

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstud View Post
if i buy 5100's and put them on my truck, can i leave them set at 0 and keep my readylift leveling kit? the kit is 2.25 in front and a 1 inch add a leaf in the back!!! can i keep this set up with the 5100's?
5100's are basically "better than stock" shocks that have the ability to be height adjusted. If you get 5100's and set to "0", then they are basically a swap out shock that performs better.. So yes..
Old 06-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #13
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
ok thanks!!! now im happy n ive made up my mind which shocks im gettin for my truck!!! thanks!!!!!!!!!! i really want a smoother ride!!! i hate the rough ride when im not on pavement....even just pullin off the road its rough!!!!!!! the 1st time after gettin the truck i was like wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #14
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I Hate to Thread jack but I have question?

I'm buying some 5100's and Eibach springs with an AAL with 5100's on the back. My question is what should it set the 5100's at my truck sits pretty much level right now because I have a shell on.

Also I'm getting 33/12.5x15 Duratracks with a 10" rim with a -44mm offset and 3.74" backspacing and I want them to fit nicely with little to no rubbing.

Here is my cart I'm debating the Dif drop kit but if I don't need it then I don't need it. also I'm going to get the bushing/washer kit it's just not in the cart in the photo.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #15
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Just had this done:

5100's up front set to zero with Eibachs. I love the ride, smoother than the 5100's set to 2.5 w/stock coils. I dig the new stance too.

I am only running TSB 4 leaf pack in the rear, no add-a-leaf. If you run an AAL I would recommend at least the .85 setting.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #16
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW: OME 885s and shocks on my double cab gave me a smoother ride than stock