Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

New Built Right UCA's

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #341
~THE LIGHT GUY~
TBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
TBK224's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayusmc View Post
Nope, I live in NJ. If in fact they have to charge sales tax, I am fine with that. But if they don't and charged me tax, that is wrong or if they jacked S&H up that is wrong too. I am sure everyone has come across those companies that are Jacking up S&H charges to make more money. I will definitely check on this.
I didn't get charged sales tax and I'm in AZ. They should only be able to charge you sales tax if your in the same state they are. I would call them and tell them to refund your money. I know there are a few people waiting to get ahold of them this morning.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:44 AM   #342
~THE LIGHT GUY~
TBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TBK224's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If CA now charges sales tax on non resident orders, I will no longer buy anything from them. I am not paying sales tax because some corrupt Politician put all the money in his/her pocket and now the state is broke. This will defiantly kill sales in CA. Now I will look for companies in Delaware, they do not charge sales tax- not even for residents.
x2!!! I will definitely stop ordering from CA if they do that.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:44 AM   #343
dayusmc is on a distinguished road
Marines: Retired at 10 (Due To getting Injured)
dayusmc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBK224 View Post
I didn't get charged sales tax and I'm in AZ. They should only be able to charge you sales tax if your in the same state they are. I would call them and tell them to refund your money. I know there are a few people waiting to get ahold of them this morning.
How much did they charge you in shipping?
Old 12-06-2010, 10:46 AM   #344
~THE LIGHT GUY~

TBK224's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How much did they charge you in shipping?
I believe my total was $504 and some change.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #345
dayusmc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I believe my total was $504 and some change.
So doesn't $564.44 sound high to NJ?
Old 12-06-2010, 10:49 AM   #346
~THE LIGHT GUY~

TBK224's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So doesn't $564.44 sound high to NJ?
For sure! I would definitely be on the phone with them asking them WTF the deal is.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #347
2009 taco is on a distinguished road

Name: juan
2009 taco's Tacoma Gallery
So they said they would call me back. I guess i have to choice but to wait some more. how did yours go?
Old 12-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #348
dayusmc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For sure! I would definitely be on the phone with them asking them WTF the deal is.
As soon as they come, I will check the invoice and see what is says. I really just hate the bate and switch. hopefully it was just an honest mistake. Sometimes mistakes happen and you can't blame anyone for a simple mistake. But it better not have been deliberate.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #349
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Given the issues folks have had with these, Im not seeing the value over the TC's....
Old 12-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #350
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Given the issues folks have had with these, Im not seeing the value over the TC's....
i wanna see how tim's turns out since we have basically the same set up
Old 12-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #351
dayusmc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am beginning to think the same thing. I see this time and time again. Something starts off good- and ends up bad. I hope I do not have the same issues when mine come in.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #352

Ok so they are sending me new sleeves today. That went pretty smooth. i'm still not happy. but mistakes do happen so i will be putting them back on in a couple days. they also said that the reason was they accidentally sent the 1st gen sleeves.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #353
~THE LIGHT GUY~

TBK224's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009 taco View Post
So they said they would call me back. I guess i have to choice but to wait some more. how did yours go?
Damn, you beat me. Lol Stewart just called me back and didn't really tell me anything. He said he would talk to James. I said well I just talked to James and he was gonna have you call me. Hmm...does anyone wanna help?

Quote:
As soon as they come, I will check the invoice and see what is says. I really just hate the bate and switch. hopefully it was just an honest mistake. Sometimes mistakes happen and you can't blame anyone for a simple mistake. But it better not have been deliberate.
Hopefully it was just an honest mistake.

Quote:
I'm starting to agree. We will see what they do in order to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
i wanna see how tim's turns out since we have basically the same set up
You will know as soon as I do...if I ever do!?
Old 12-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #354
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
There's plenty of value over the TC's for those of us who got them, as ordered, on time, without problems. You just hear from the folks who are having problems, because they're having problems and trying to resolve them.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #355
~THE LIGHT GUY~

TBK224's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009 taco View Post
Ok so they are sending me new sleeves today. That went pretty smooth. i'm still not happy. but mistakes do happen so i will be putting them back on in a couple days. they also said that the reason was they accidentally sent the 1st gen sleeves.
They told me the same thing but then Stewart just said he would talk to James after every question I asked him. So...I still don't know what's going on.

James also told me that he knows for a fact that the kits do not come with the 4 washers for the big grade 8 bolts that go through the uniball. You said you received the 4 washers correct? Not the 8 big ones for the bushings, but the 2 on each side for the uniball bolts.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #356
dayusmc's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a phone call from the truck shop. They called me to tell me that they shipped the wrong sleeves with some of the orders and were shipping me new Sleeves. I think it is Great that they are proactive!! That seems like a good company if they do stuff like that. I asked about my total, and the guys said he will check and get back to me. I am hoping that it was just a mistake and they fix it. I always like doing business with the smaller company, but it seems I have been burnt a lot by smaller companies. Hoping it was just a mistake. I really like the fact that they called me to tell me about the sleeves- A+ for that.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:21 AM   #357
~THE LIGHT GUY~

TBK224's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
There's plenty of value over the TC's for those of us who got them, as ordered, on time, without problems. You just hear from the folks who are having problems, because they're having problems and trying to resolve them.
I'm sure they are good arms, and I'm glad not everyone had the problems like a few of us are having, but when you rip the entire front end of your truck apart to put these on just to find out you can't, that's a little frustrating.

Also, these arms use cheaper quality uniballs and they do not have brake line tabs like the TC's. Not a big deal, but it's the little things that make the difference. My drivers side arm also has a chip in the powder coat. Also not a huge deal, but for the money, I expect better quality, attention to detail, quality control, and customer support. So far, I'm still not very happy with the results this morning. $500 Built Right arms...that aren't built right...hmmm???
Old 12-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #358
~THE LIGHT GUY~

TBK224's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just got a phone call from the truck shop. They called me to tell me that they shipped the wrong sleeves with some of the orders and were shipping me new Sleeves. I think it is Great that they are proactive!! That seems like a good company if they do stuff like that. I asked about my total, and the guys said he will check and get back to me. I am hoping that it was just a mistake and they fix it. I always like doing business with the smaller company, but it seems I have been burnt a lot by smaller companies. Hoping it was just a mistake. I really like the fact that they called me to tell me about the sleeves- A+ for that.
That's awesome. Nice to see that they are taking the time to go back and check the orders and contact their customers without waiting for the customers to contact them. Definitely an A+ for that at least.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #359
~THE LIGHT GUY~

TBK224's Tacoma Gallery
So...Stewart said he would talk to James and get right back to me and I haven't heard from either of them again. Guess I will call them back.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #360

Quote:
So...Stewart said he would talk to James and get right back to me and I haven't heard from either of them again. Guess I will call them back.
yeah sorry about the mix up about the washers i have them because my brother had some. and just keep on them. im sure they are just confused because they got the same call twice in less than thirty mins. they must thinks its a conspiracy

Products Discussed in this Thread