1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Built Right UCA's

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BirdTRD, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Dec 6, 2010 at 1:00 PM
    2009 taco

2009 taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    juan
    lompton, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 sport
    jba headers, outlaw flowmaster, 3 inch pipes, k and n cold air intake, throttle body spacer, halo headlights, HIDs, deaver springs, kings all the way round, Built right UCAs, camburg spindles, Satoshi bumper and main grill, sliders
    Not cool did they at least say sorry for being careless? i didnt even mention my scratches because i couldnt handle them saying anything to justify them.

2. Dec 6, 2010 at 1:03 PM
    TBK224

TBK224 ~THE LIGHT GUY~ Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BADASS TACO
    6" Pro Comp Stage One Lift Kit and 35" Toyo Open Country M/T's riding on 18" XD Addict Wheels
    Nope. They said sorry for the problems and thanks for being understanding about the sleeve problem.

3. Dec 6, 2010 at 1:59 PM
    dayusmc

dayusmc Well-Known Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD
    He said the same thing to me, I haven't heard back yet........

4. Dec 6, 2010 at 3:08 PM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    James is a stand up guy so I'm sure he wil get back to you asap. He is probably taking so long with you guys because he is rebuilding my coilovers and doing an alignment for me today

:D

5. Dec 6, 2010 at 3:12 PM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    15 Taco
    LT, Glass, CBI Front bumper, NWTI Rear bumper, 35s
    How much does he charge for the rebuild of your coilovers? and are they 2.0 or 2.5?

6. Dec 6, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    lembowski

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    They are the Leeper's and he is charging me $200 for the re-build + $60 for an alignment.

7. Dec 6, 2010 at 4:49 PM
    dayusmc

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD
    I have a feeling this is just a case of growing to fast. Meaning, they probably didn't expect to sell this many and with the orders coming in, hard to keep up on the little thing. I have seen this happen to a lot of companies. I dealt with a company (Matrix Concepts) for MotoCross stuff, They did a lot of advertising and orders came pouring in. They were a new company and want to do the right thing. But first batch's of product weren't up to pair in quality (They have their stuff made overseas). A lot of complaints, but they are making good on their product. They recalled a lot of it and are sending out new stuff to all the customers. People were hesitant to order from them because of all the problems. All of us that they called and fixed our issues spread the word on how good their customer service is- and a lot more people are showing up at the track with there stuff now. On the flip side, another company (DNA wheels) are full of promises and never hold good to their word. Well needless to say, word spread because they actually called me and asked why I haven't ordered anything in a long time. I told them they have to fix all my issues and I will order again. Well the sales man on the phone said he would take care of everything and call me back- He never called back. This company goes through this cycle, by changing staff every 6 months and every 6 month I get the same phone call. Word spread about this company, and their sales DROPPED big time. "Do the right thing, because it is the right thing to do" that is what I always say.
    Sorry for the long post, but it is the best way to describe the "business trends" that I see going on now a days.

8. Dec 6, 2010 at 5:51 PM
    lembowski

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    Just spoke to James when I was picking up my truck and he said all the sleeves for those affected are being send out next day to everyone. He said that it is a a production difference between the older style and a newer one that changed the sleeve. It was just a mistake putting the kit together.

9. Dec 7, 2010 at 7:32 PM
    2009 taco

Member:
    First Name:
    juan
    lompton, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 sport
    jba headers, outlaw flowmaster, 3 inch pipes, k and n cold air intake, throttle body spacer, halo headlights, HIDs, deaver springs, kings all the way round, Built right UCAs, camburg spindles, Satoshi bumper and main grill, sliders
    i just got my new sleeves in. tomorrow im gonna install my uca's. i will take pics but i dont know how to post them. i will let you guys know if it goes well. did anyone have issues getting the uniball sleeve washer things in? i didnt spend much time on them but they didnt seem to want to fit.

10. Dec 8, 2010 at 7:09 AM
    dayusmc

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD
    OK, Got my control arms in Yesterday. They charged me $42.95 Tax, I live in NJ so I shouldn't be charged tax. I still have not heard back from anyone from the truck shop after they said they would call me back. That was 2 days ago. Did anyone else get charged tax when they were out of state? I smell something fishy going on here. What do you guys think?

11. Dec 8, 2010 at 10:27 PM
    TBK224

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BADASS TACO
    6" Pro Comp Stage One Lift Kit and 35" Toyo Open Country M/T's riding on 18" XD Addict Wheels
    Did you get them installed yet? If so, how did it go?

That's BS! They shouldn't be charging you sales tax. I wasn't charged sales tax. Supposedly I got a package from them today, and they did call to ask if I got it, but I'm not home yet so I can't even check to see if they are the right parts or not. I will let everyone know when I find out.

12. Dec 9, 2010 at 7:25 AM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    Just keep trying to call, they are busy.

ONLY TALK TO JAMES, HE IS THE OWNER.

13. Dec 9, 2010 at 7:52 AM
    gonewheeln

gonewheeln Member

Member:
    That's f'd up....they cannot charge you tax unless there shop is in the same state as you live. I would be calling every 10 minutes until I got that straightened out. I wouldn't even consider that a simple mistake!

14. Dec 9, 2010 at 8:55 AM
    dayusmc

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD
    I really don't think I should be chasing someone else's mistake. They said they would call me back, they didn't. I really don't care about the $40 now.

MY SUGGESTION FOR ANYONE THAT IS CONSIDERING BUYING THESE - DON'T
    You have seen all the problems, I would go with a more proven company. Maybe the TC's or something. But I highly suggest you stay away from this company. They are not consistent!! For anyone that got the run around, TELL EVERYONE TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!! I will make it a point to tell as many people as possible, you should too!

To all the people that are going to reply to this post, you might have had good experiences with this company- but that doesn't make them a good company. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. The fact is there are a bunch a people having problems.

15. Dec 9, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    senna

senna Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose CA.
    Vehicle:
    09 DBL CAB TRD-OR OME shocks 885 and AAL
    Customer service, that's what counts. I have been watching this thread, and I am now holding off on getting these. I can tolerate mistakes, but you better come through with a fix and not leave the customer hanging.
    Being busy is no excuse.

16. Dec 9, 2010 at 9:19 AM
    2009 taco

Member:
    First Name:
    juan
    lompton, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 sport
    I agree its f ed up they are giving u the run around. They messed up my order to but now that its fixed I'm happy with them. There is still scratches but I'm glad I saved the 150 dollars. I can post pics if someone can explain to a computer challenged person how. If I lived closer o would tell to them in person for u. I will be headed that way in late dec. If they haven't helped u I will talk to them. At this point its bier than 40 bucks.

17. Dec 9, 2010 at 9:25 AM
    dayusmc

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD
    Go with the TC's My friend put them on a few trucks. the company is tried and true. If I had to do it again, that is what I would do. Not worth the hassle, everyone sees the problems- I always give someone the benefit of the doubt but you see the results here. Even if they make good for some people, do you want to deal with a company that is not consistent? Would you keep going to a restaurant if half the time you went there the food sucked? Then why spend your money with a company that is inconsistent? Gambling with your money is for the lottery, vegas and AC where you know the risks. Anyone that buys from this company from this point forward, does not have the right to complain if they get screwed- you have been warned by everyone, if you choose to buy now- WE TOLD YOU SO, so no bitching!!

WARNING DO NOT BUY BUILT RIGHT UCA's, we have had problem!

18. Dec 9, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    TBK224

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BADASS TACO
    Every time I call, including this morning, James just says I will have Stewart call you back. My package showed up late last night WITH NOTHING IN IT!!! Judging by the marks on the envelope, it looks like the UPS truck ran it over. The bottom is blown out of the package and there is absolutely nothing in it. I know this isn't the truck shops fault, but it's really starting to get old. Ive had my arms for a week now and I still can't install them. The bottom line is...if they would of sent the right parts in the first place none of this other BS would of happened and I would be a happy customer right now cruising around with my new UCA's.

All James had to say about this issue when I called him this morning was "Well shit, I guess when it rains it pours huh?". Then of course..."Give me your number and I'll have Stewart call you back". Not one time did he apologize or anything. :mad:

I agree. If your in another state, you DO NOT pay sales tax on orders!

Mine has a decent chip in it right next to the uniball on the drivers side. Their solution...go to the store and buy some touch up paint. GREAT, why didn't I think of that myself??? $500 and they want me to go to the store and spend more money to buy some touch up paint that doesn't match the powder coat and touch it up with that. Are you F*#CKING KIDDING ME??? I'm definitely starting to think maybe TC was the way to go.

19. Dec 9, 2010 at 11:53 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    If you paid with a CC, call the card company, and complain to them.

For all the others who have been screwed and paid with CC., do the same.

And for those thinking about new UCA's, Go with the Total Chaos. They are a great company to deal with. Quiet, align right, etc. The last time I delt with them, was when I called to order a replacement "Total Chaos" sticker for my passenger side UCA, as Concrete ripped chuncks out of it. The paint/powder coat was undamaged. I called them, told them I wanted to order a new sticker. They took my addy, and said "We'll take care of it", at no charge. 3 days later, 4 new stickers showed up.

20. Dec 9, 2010 at 3:07 PM
    mnudo200827

mnudo200827 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double Cab Prerunner
    Icon Coilovers, All-Pro UCA's, All Pro 3" Leaf Springs, Rear Fox Adjustable Shocks, Stainless Steel Brake lines, 17" KMC Addicts wrapped in 305/65/17 KM2's, Kenwood DDX 512 stereo, 2 12" Polk Audio MM1240 subs in custom enclosure, 4 component speakers, Wet Okole Seat Covers
    wow i'm glad i didn't buy from them, i was considering it when i was looking to buy UCA's but when All Pro was offering 25% off of theirs, i had to go with all pro considering their track record. Didnt have the run around, no paint chips and they are quiet and align everything perfectly. Once again i am glad i stayed away from these, its was kinda like a to good to be true thing.

Products Discussed in

To Top