Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

New Built Right UCA's

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #21
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
So, I just got back from another alignment and still not close on getting a caster angle into spec! - I have All Pro UCAs and I'm thinking about jumping ship! Does anyone have an actual print out off from their alignment?

Every single shop I have taken it to - 5 so far can't get any closer than between 4.7 and 5.1 for the Caster angle.

Has anyone had the same problem with All Pro UCAs?

Do these cure this problem?

Thanks

I think Greg might have it. I have had no problems with it and according to Greg his alignment guy said it gave him plenty of room to adjust. Contact James if you have anymore questions. I love my UCAs.

Good Luck
Old 06-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #23
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
subbed
Old 06-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #24
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
This might be my new set of UCAs... I couldn't decide between LR and TC
Old 06-17-2010, 10:08 PM   #26
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome pictures tri! Trucks looking really good!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:42 AM   #28
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
I would buy these next year with my tax refund if the price stays the same .
Old 06-18-2010, 09:42 AM   #29
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
So wait you did wheel with these? No issues? How do I order?
Old 06-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #30
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
I'm jumping on a set of these later this year. I've been in the Truck Shop a few times and James is great to work with, really knows his stuff!
Old 06-18-2010, 11:10 AM   #31
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedToy View Post
I would buy these next year with my tax refund if the price stays the same .
I hope he can keep the price as it is for TW member. If things change it will be posted by myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
So wait you did wheel with these? No issues? How do I order?
I have no issues with these at all. To order contact James at The Truck Shop.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:34 PM   #32
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Name: Pete
wilsonpj's Tacoma Gallery
How do these compare to the LR UCA? I think I have heard that the LR are maintenance free since no uni ball.

What allows these to be more easily adjusted for alignment issues that other sets of UCAs?
Old 06-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #33

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonpj View Post
How do these compare to the LR UCA? I think I have heard that the LR are maintenance free since no uni ball.

What allows these to be more easily adjusted for alignment issues that other sets of UCAs?

I have not had the others so I have nothing to compare too. I know I am a few others I know did not have problems with alignment. Also because the uniball I get more articulation. I would not buy LR because it is similar to my stock...which worked for me because I was not lifted too might about 2.25". I lift for performance not looks.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #34
391FJ is on a distinguished road
391FJ's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a great product. Will these fit an 07 FJ by chance?
Old 06-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #35

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 391FJ View Post
Looks like a great product. Will these fit an 07 FJ by chance?
Built Right makes them for 4Runner, Tundras, FJs and other Toyotas. So these will not fit but they make some that do.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:52 AM   #37
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICOMA View Post
Built Right makes them for 4Runner, Tundras, FJs and other Toyotas. So these will not fit but they make some that do.
You sure? I thought Front end suspension components are 100% swappable between the tacoma and FJ. You might wanna give James a call and maybe you can promote on the FJ cruiser forums as well.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #38
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
So, I just got back from another alignment and still not close on getting a caster angle into spec! - I have All Pro UCAs and I'm thinking about jumping ship! Does anyone have an actual print out off from their alignment?

Every single shop I have taken it to - 5 so far can't get any closer than between 4.7 and 5.1 for the Caster angle.

Has anyone had the same problem with All Pro UCAs?

Do these cure this problem?

Thanks
Thats weird, all the aftermarket UCA's seem to go off the same concept, 1" uniballs. Maybe another underlying issue? Maybe your missing parts?....like longer Lower arms and upper arms....and some 12" travel coilovers....and a full cage....
Old 06-19-2010, 12:55 AM   #39
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
Yeah I'm running Sway away 2.0's that were made for 03-Current 4runners, and I have a Tacoma. They work just fine!
Old 06-19-2010, 06:28 AM   #40

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eight3one_offroad View Post
Hell yeah Tree, using the Kings like they were intended!!!
For sure!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
You sure? I thought Front end suspension components are 100% swappable between the tacoma and FJ. You might wanna give James a call and maybe you can promote on the FJ cruiser forums as well.
You know I do know Built Right makes them for almost all Toyotas and even the 5 Lug.

I thought they were the same for the FJ but I was not sure and to be safe. Either way...if you have an FJ, Built Right has them. I will see him today so I will ask if they are the same or not.

Products Discussed in this Thread