1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Built Right UCA's

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BirdTRD, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Dec 9, 2010 at 3:37 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    I got charged sales tax as well. I thought for California they charged even for out of state because they were so desperate.

To my understanding the truck shop does not make these they just sell them. I think, as said earlier, the Truck Shop is growing too fast and he's having trouble finding dedicated employees hence all the trouble placing the right parts in the box to ship out. Once you get all the correct parts the product itself is top notch and I have no complaints about it.

So do you know for a fact he's not giving the tax to the government? If that's the case then I will be pissed. If he is then I'm still a little ticked if he had the option to opt out and didn't but that would be better than being screwed.

I'm starting to agree with you on the TC arms over these but just on the level of customer service. I'm super happy with the Built Rights themselves just the truck shop's performance seems to be lacking but to there defense they addressed the issues in a speedy manner and truly did everything they could to address and fix the problems.

I think if people truly can't afford ucas and this is their only option over stock then they should do it just don't plan on installing them until you check that you have everything many times over :laugh:

2. Dec 9, 2010 at 4:26 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Only problem with this, is most people are not going to know if the parts fit right, until after they remove the OEM stuff.

3. Dec 9, 2010 at 4:29 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    This is true with the sleeves but that isn't the only part they made a mistake on.

4. Dec 9, 2010 at 5:05 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

SuthrnTaco07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement Tundra Limited
    None
    Where is the cheapest place for Total Chaos? What are the Cons with Allpro?

5. Dec 9, 2010 at 5:09 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Allpro's are horribly noisey.

6. Dec 9, 2010 at 5:10 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    PM down south motorsports, they are a vendor here.

7. Dec 9, 2010 at 7:05 PM
    2009 taco

2009 taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    juan
    lompton, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 sport
    jba headers, outlaw flowmaster, 3 inch pipes, k and n cold air intake, throttle body spacer, halo headlights, HIDs, deaver springs, kings all the way round, Built right UCAs, camburg spindles, Satoshi bumper and main grill, sliders
    I wish. They messed up on my washer sleeve thing that goes in the uni ball. I told them but they didn't send me a new one. So I sanded it down and pressed it in. I took pics and will post them. And the scratches. But now its over thank god. Nite I have to stop the squeaking any tips?

8. Dec 9, 2010 at 8:06 PM
    mnudo200827

mnudo200827 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double Cab Prerunner
    Icon Coilovers, All-Pro UCA's, All Pro 3" Leaf Springs, Rear Fox Adjustable Shocks, Stainless Steel Brake lines, 17" KMC Addicts wrapped in 305/65/17 KM2's, Kenwood DDX 512 stereo, 2 12" Polk Audio MM1240 subs in custom enclosure, 4 component speakers, Wet Okole Seat Covers
    i disagree, i got all pros and they havnt made a noise since i have put them on maybe 3-4 months ago. Maybe the old ones made noise but the new ones they came out with seem to be better. just my .02

9. Dec 9, 2010 at 8:09 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Maybe....I know the ones a couple years ago were crap.

10. Dec 9, 2010 at 8:16 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    That is supposed to be really tight. I had to hammer mine in using a piece of wood of course. You want that to be tight because you don't want any play.

For the squeak clean and lube the uniball with dry teflon and grease the bushings. There will be some squeak until it fully breaks in and if you don't keep up on the lubing.

11. Dec 9, 2010 at 8:21 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    You shouldnt have to hammer anything in. Tight, Yes. But it should push in easily.

12. Dec 9, 2010 at 8:22 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    :snicker:

13. Dec 10, 2010 at 6:52 AM
    2009 taco

2009 taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    juan
    lompton, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 sport
    jba headers, outlaw flowmaster, 3 inch pipes, k and n cold air intake, throttle body spacer, halo headlights, HIDs, deaver springs, kings all the way round, Built right UCAs, camburg spindles, Satoshi bumper and main grill, sliders
    I didn't just hammer it in a had to sand it down then hammer it in.:pout:

14. Dec 10, 2010 at 1:43 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    That doesn't sound right but better to be too tight than too loose and no I'm not talking about women.:D

15. Dec 10, 2010 at 4:36 PM
    fsbrain03

fsbrain03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    C'mon guys quit complaining, and knocking this quality product!
    If you don't want them, then don't buy them. You will most likely get the same treatment from any other uca.

16. Dec 10, 2010 at 5:06 PM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD [OP] Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    No shit whiney asses. You got nice uca's for about $200 bucks less than the competitors. Mine are great!

17. Dec 10, 2010 at 5:33 PM
    Hugebergen

Hugebergen Crash and burn live and learn

Member:
    Saskatoon Sask
    3"Toytec ULK, box mat, angle brackets in box corners for tie downs, anytime fog lights, bhlm, black grill and lip, trimed front flaps, 7089 procomp rims with 285/75/16 Toyo M/T tires, black badges with trd badges added,anytime foglights, lamin-x yellow fogs, illuminated 4x4 switch, colour match satoshi, Camburg ball joint UCAS.
    Does anyone know if the truck shop will send the ucas to canada? Or if anyone has got these from Canada and how much shipping was?

18. Dec 10, 2010 at 5:38 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    I think most people that are complaining are doing so because that is not, in fact, what arrived in their boxes. Part of it did. And most of it fit. So it's sounding a lot like some people got about 2/3rds of nice UCAs for about 2/3rds the price of the competitors.

19. Dec 10, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD [OP] Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    It sounds like the quality control when packaging the product leaves a little to be desired. He could certainly could spend a little more time counting pieces and checking sizes before he ships them off. I was (2) grade 8 washers short when mine came. I went to Home Depot and spent 30 cents. Problem solved. It at least sounds like he's willing to remedy the problems. Aside from that, they're great and you still saved a shit ton of money. After reading all of these TW threads since I've joined, every company that caters to our niche market has fucked up one or more times. Most of them get it together and all is well in the end.

20. Dec 10, 2010 at 5:51 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Not arguing that. I do, however, think most of us are justified in expecting to receive everything we paid for, undamaged.

Another example:

I recently ordered an Icon suspension. The front coilovers had cosmetic damage from inadequate packaging. Additionally, one of the rear shocks was missing the reservoir mounting bracket and associated hardware entirely.

I called the retailer, and they say they get them from Icon and then ship them back out when purchased, they never open the packages.

The cosmetic stuff I touched up. The retailer shipped a bracket the next day after calling me personally. Everything worked out fine and the suspension is absolutely badass...

...But god damn. I dropped over 2 Gs on these products. I don't think it's absurd to ask that *everything* paid for be delivered to me, and undamaged.

And I think some of the guys venting their problems in this thread feel similarly.

Products Discussed in

To Top