Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Gabriel Shocks, too stiff?

Old 06-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
perniva1978 is on a distinguished road
perniva1978's Tacoma Gallery
Gabriel Shocks, too stiff?

Is it just me or are Gabriel shocks way too stiff for 01-04 Tacoma's ?
I replaced all four and the ride just ain't smooth.
Anyone with the same experience?
Old 06-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
That's funny, I've always heard that they were cushy. Which model did you slap on?
Old 06-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
perniva1978 is on a distinguished road
perniva1978's Tacoma Gallery
The rear only has 1 model so that is what I have on there, and those are stiffer than the front since the rear is so much lighter than the front of the truck. In the front I originally put the HD model but quickly exchanged them at AutoZone because they were waaaayy to hard. The regular ones in the front are still stiff though. I'll replace them next time with factory parts unless KYB's or Monroe's offer a comfortable ride.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
The KYB MonoMax shocks are VERY stiff, I had them before I switched out the the Bilstein HD shocks.