Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift shops in Houston, TX

Old 06-12-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
AznGunner is on a distinguished road

AznGunner's Tacoma Gallery
Lift shops in Houston, TX

Thinking about getting my 09 SR5 prerunner lifted. What's the shop you'd recommend in the Houston, TX area. Expertise and price is the deciding factors. Please chime in!! Thanks
Old 06-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
Doomsday will become famous soon enoughDoomsday will become famous soon enough

Doomsday's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure on what shop, but are you looking for a spacer lift, 5100's, springs, how much lift? Personally after reading threads here, the best bet is 5100's to start. Just depends on your budget as there are many options, aside from the shop install.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
Not sure on what shop, but are you looking for a spacer lift, 5100's, springs, how much lift? Personally after reading threads here, the best bet is 5100's to start. Just depends on your budget as there are many options, aside from the shop install.

just looking for a 3 inch lift.....to accommodate bigger tires. Is 5100's and AAL something a novice can do at home?
Old 06-12-2010, 11:03 PM   #4
Doomsday will become famous soon enoughDoomsday will become famous soon enough

Doomsday's Tacoma Gallery
5100's will give you a max lift of 2.5". Not sure how novice is "novice". Pretty straightfoward if you tackled small install projects in the past. Got to start somewhere.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #5

Well, I was quoted a price of 750 installed for 2.5 inch strut extenders and 1 inch blocks in the rear...to keep that "stock" ride. I understand the 5100's and AAL to be the preferred method from this site. What is a good price to have this done at a shop?
Old 06-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #7
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathollo View Post
Yeah don't pay 750$ for that. That's a def ripoff.
Buy what you want and PM and ill help you install it for free(well maybe for a case of beer ) and its something we can do in your driveway in a couple of hours.
And how much are you looking to spend to lift your truck?
somebody say beer?
Old 06-19-2010, 09:50 PM   #9
Houston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Houston-76's Tacoma Gallery
You might call "Trickin out trucks" on 1960 @ aldine westfield, they always have alot of lift jobs out front and i here they do great work. But as for myself i will install my lift myself " a 3" ome" as i love wrenching.