Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

AAL with Stock Shocks

Old 06-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Yes you can run stock shocks with a 1.5. I am in a similar boat with the wait for 5100 rears... Do you have a non-tsb or tsb? If non, the aal is said to be 2". Just installed, and currently sits at about 2.5
Old 06-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #4
djs05tacoma will become famous soon enough

djs05tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if you have a trd but I ran the stock billys for over 40k w/ and aal.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
28Gauge's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post
Yes you can run stock shocks with a 1.5. I am in a similar boat with the wait for 5100 rears... Do you have a non-tsb or tsb? If non, the aal is said to be 2". Just installed, and currently sits at about 2.5
I have none TSB springs.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #6
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
You will be fine...
Old 08-04-2010, 08:19 PM   #7
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Im thinking about doing this same thing. 2 inch aal in the back without bilsteins.
So i just need some shock extenders? are there any recomended shock extenders? And are there and problems or issues that i could run into when going this route?

Thanks
Old 08-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #8
djs05tacoma will become famous soon enough

djs05tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
Im thinking about doing this same thing. 2 inch aal in the back without bilsteins.
So i just need some shock extenders? are there any recomended shock extenders? And are there and problems or issues that i could run into when going this route?

Thanks

I've got a pair of toytec shock extenders brand new in the box. I'm in Martinez. Free if you wan to pick them up.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #9
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks
The extenders essentially just make the top bolt on your shock longer. Normally a design like this would make the shaft more likely to break but since the force is up and down (not side to side) it doesn't really create any problems.

They look a little funny in my opinion but other than that they're fine... if you mash real hard or jump the truck they might break... but then again, if you drive like that, everything could break.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:24 PM   #10
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
any place to get them at?
Old 08-05-2010, 07:54 AM   #11
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Whats TSB?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #12
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twfsa View Post
Whats TSB?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ta-tacoma.html

In this case its adding an extra leaf in the back because of a "harsh ride".
Old 08-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #13
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
are these the shock extenders that i would need?
http://eastsidecustomtruck.com/i-479...rs-toytec.html
Old 08-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #14
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
are these the shock extenders that i would need?
http://eastsidecustomtruck.com/i-479...rs-toytec.html
Yes.