LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Aftermarket Coilover Question

Old 06-14-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
KrackHouse is on a distinguished road
KrackHouse's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket Coilover Question

Since the Leeper thread was closed before I could get all my questions answered, I will start a new thread.

I was thinking of ordering some aftermarket adjustable shocks, but had a question about backspacing on my wheels. I have 20x9 XD Monsters with 5.71" backspacing. Leeper recommends a 5" backspacing for these. If I install these shocks, will I have rubbing issues?

I understand they will probably rub on the UCA, but wouldn't the larger wheel size make this less of a problem than the recommended 16" wheel?
If I adjusted the shocks to only 1.5" of lift or so, will this help with the rubbing issue?
Any help is much appreciated.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
Ttt
Old 06-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #3
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think anybody wants to deal with the leaper situation. Lot of bad air there.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
Thanks... I didn't think about that. I have edited my post.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think lifting it will make a difference, the recomended back spacing is to clear the calipers and uca
Old 06-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #7
Thanks for all the info guys... I got a couple of PMs that helped a lot as well.