Want a visual of leveled truck with max tire application 13 92.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
Les Callahan is on a distinguished road
Name: Seahorse
Les Callahan's Tacoma Gallery
Best three inch lift method hand down

After all your rsearch, which is the absolute best means to go
about a 3 inch lift. what componenets and products are necessary.

It seems that many have reqreted the shortcuts or means to
elevating their tacos. I ,as many of you, cant afford to fina nce
three attempts to lift my vehichle in a manner in which I may not he happy.

Is there an all knowing, and all encompasing, hands down method to
perform a three inch lift which is indisputitly the best most trouble
free group of components and techniques to appl?

Thanks,
Les
Old 06-14-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
From my ovservations, since you are a prerunner, get a spindle lift.

You'll get 4 inches of lift and be able to keep your alignment and all other aspects within spec. All while still keeping your comfy stock ride quality.

BUT it obviously depends on your application.

Just my .02 cents. Someone else correct me or elaborate.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec ULK amd LR UCA
Old 06-14-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Callahan View Post
After all your rsearch, which is the absolute best means to go
about a 3 inch lift. what componenets and products are necessary.

It seems that many have reqreted the shortcuts or means to
elevating their tacos. I ,as many of you, cant afford to fina nce
three attempts to lift my vehichle in a manner in which I may not he happy.

Is there an all knowing, and all encompasing, hands down method to
perform a three inch lift which is indisputitly the best most trouble
free group of components and techniques to appl?

Thanks,
Les
It really depends upon what you plan on doing with the truck after you lift it. Will you be washing it every chance to get - or - will you be wheeling the crap out of it every chance you get.... Answer that question and you may get better results. jus' sayin'
Old 06-14-2010, 09:11 PM   #5
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

First off its Bilstein, 2nd 5100s only give 2.5" of lift. There are two types of lift. First expensive off road racing style like Icon, fox, King and many more. 2nd there are more street friendly lifts that can still hold their own off road. Say for example OME, Pro Comp, or toytec. If you get 3" you need new UCA cause it will not align perfectly. You will also need offset wheels with proper backspacing for larger tires, unless you want to run the risk of wheel spacers. Hope this helps
Old 06-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyo freak View Post
First off its Bilstein, 2nd 5100s only give 2.5" of lift. There are two types of lift. First expensive off road racing style like Icon, fox, King and many more. 2nd there are more street friendly lifts that can still hold their own off road. Say for example OME, Pro Comp, or toytec. If you get 3" you need new UCA cause it will not align perfectly. You will also need offset wheels with proper backspacing for larger tires, unless you want to run the risk of wheel spacers. Hope this helps
Eloquent!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:14 PM   #7

But it all depends on $$$. Kits range from 400-2,000 and up
Old 06-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 619Tacoma View Post
From my ovservations, since you are a prerunner, get a spindle lift.

You'll get 4 inches of lift and be able to keep your alignment and all other aspects within spec. All while still keeping your comfy stock ride quality.

BUT it obviously depends on your application.

Just my .02 cents. Someone else correct me or elaborate.
x2

The Camburg 4" spindles are amazing plus you get to run all your stock stuff and not have to buy new shocks, coils, UCAs etc...you will have to get longer brake lines if i'm not mistaken but for the money...spindles are the best way to lift the front of a Prerunner IMO. Then all you'll have to do is get some AALs (add a leafs) for the rear and you'll be set
Old 06-15-2010, 07:36 AM   #9
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
By a quick glance @ Camburg's site, I'm guessing spindles are only for the later year Tacomas, 05-09? or the 5 lug?
Old 06-15-2010, 02:25 PM   #10
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
for the 5 - luggers, ima get some in a quick min here
Old 06-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #11
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
MrGuitarguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was wondering the same thing as the TS. I was thinking about buying this (http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72). Will I still need UCA's? What are offset wheels, and what do you mean by proper backspacing for larger tires? (Im new to this so pardon my ignorance.)
Old 06-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #12
bmckey4 is on a distinguished road
bmckey4's Tacoma Gallery
Cheapest and easiest in my opinion is the pro comp spacers And aal's you can get on eBay for $189 shipped. That's what I have on my truck. Rides fairly well on the street and takes a fair amount of offroad abuse
Old 06-15-2010, 04:05 PM   #13
toycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
toycar18's Tacoma Gallery
What the hell is your poll question? It is not very clear what you are asking.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuitarguy View Post
I was wondering the same thing as the TS. I was thinking about buying this (http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72). Will I still need UCA's? What are offset wheels, and what do you mean by proper backspacing for larger tires? (Im new to this so pardon my ignorance.)
Yea that is the ULK, great kit. Yes you will need UCA b/c it will not align perfectly. Toytec sells the LR UCA, which are probably the best bang for your buck. To fit 285s you will either need wheels spacers which pushes the tire out farther, or new wheels, both of which allow proper clearance for the 285s. 265s will clear in any situation, but b/c of the width of 285, the tire rubs on the UCA without offset wheels or wheel spacers. Still some trimming like mudflaps and other platic is required even with new wheels or wheel spacers. Am I making sense?
Old 06-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #15
WRrider450 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
WRrider450's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hey sorry for the basic question, but what is back spacing and why is the running wheel spacers risky?
Old 06-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #16

^^^^Somebody else help me on that one. Hard to give a good definition. I do know that stock is around 5.25-5.5 and the ideal bs is around 4.5. Check out the first few stickies in the wheel/tire section, they should help.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:42 PM   #17
Quote:
^^^^Somebody else help me on that one. Hard to give a good definition. I do know that stock is around 5.25-5.5 and the ideal bs is around 4.5. Check out the first few stickies in the wheel/tire section, they should help.
hey thanks a bunch
Old 06-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #19
Quote:
ah now i get it thanks man. also why is running wheel spacers risky?
Old 06-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #20

I think you should be fine with Spidertrax( never heard of any issues with them) but I wouldn't exceed 1.25". From what I have heard it seems too much distance can wear out wheel bearings pretty fast. But like I said many people are using spidertrax. If you want pics search 285s on stock wheels in the 2nd gen section. There is a pretty recent thread regarding these spacers