Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

help with lifting and tires and insurance

Old 06-15-2010, 12:16 AM   #1
harleyforfun03 is on a distinguished road
Name: tom
harleyforfun03's Tacoma Gallery
help with lifting and tires and insurance

I just got a 2008 prerunner access cab--Ive always wanted to lift a truck and will with this one. My research shows so many brands to lift---and I have no idea what is good or not---also, my insurance co, grico wont insure a 6" lift--and i want the biggest/widest tires i can use---truck is not for hard core off-roading--but I do like going out in the desert and exploring---so what i want to do is mostly for me and show----Im open to all suggestions. And if i didnt ask the right questions yet--help me out--thanks, Tom
Old 06-15-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
You are probably going to want to consider a 3" lift kit. If you go to the desert a lot then your best bet for good ride and performance would be a set of Coilovers for the front and either a 3 leaf AAL, or a new progressive Deaver or Alcan Leaf Pack.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:42 AM   #3
harleyforfun03 is on a distinguished road
Name: tom
harleyforfun03's Tacoma Gallery
thank u