1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Suspension problem

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by flash183, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Jun 15, 2010 at 9:59 AM
    flash183

flash183 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Baltimore
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma '05 TRD
    New member here. Hello all!

I have a '05 with TRD. All stock.

There seems to be a problem with the front left suspension. It sits about 1-2" lower than the right. Also when I go over a bump the left side makes a ghastly squeak. It sounds like I'm jumping on an old spring mattress. My first question is, does anyone have a guess what this problem is? A friend suggested it sounds like a bad shock.

Here's my second question. So I've gone on the Internet and found numerous sites that sell replacement (OEM) shocks. But none of those websites ask whether my truck has TRD. Shouldn't the TRD trucks have different suspension? I also called a local parts shop and they said their parts lookup didn't say anything about TRD either. They were also confused about that.

One last question. If the problem is my shock and I buy a new pair (I'll do both) what other parts should be replaced during this service? For example, are there any other parts that are typically replaced when a shock is replaced?

Thanks!

2. Jun 15, 2010 at 10:09 AM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    Could be a broken piece on the shock. Or a broken or bad coil spring. you need to determine what the problem is. The difference on the TRD is that they come with different springs and shocks from the factory, however aftermarket replacement shocks and coils are all the same, whether you have a TRD or not.

Products Discussed in

To Top