Notices

TRD Suspension problem

Old 06-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
flash183 is on a distinguished road
flash183's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Suspension problem

New member here. Hello all!

I have a '05 with TRD. All stock.

There seems to be a problem with the front left suspension. It sits about 1-2" lower than the right. Also when I go over a bump the left side makes a ghastly squeak. It sounds like I'm jumping on an old spring mattress. My first question is, does anyone have a guess what this problem is? A friend suggested it sounds like a bad shock.

Here's my second question. So I've gone on the Internet and found numerous sites that sell replacement (OEM) shocks. But none of those websites ask whether my truck has TRD. Shouldn't the TRD trucks have different suspension? I also called a local parts shop and they said their parts lookup didn't say anything about TRD either. They were also confused about that.

One last question. If the problem is my shock and I buy a new pair (I'll do both) what other parts should be replaced during this service? For example, are there any other parts that are typically replaced when a shock is replaced?

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Could be a broken piece on the shock. Or a broken or bad coil spring. you need to determine what the problem is. The difference on the TRD is that they come with different springs and shocks from the factory, however aftermarket replacement shocks and coils are all the same, whether you have a TRD or not.