1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need to find correct shocks for 6 inch lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by crazydaze_95, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Jun 16, 2010 at 9:21 AM
    crazydaze_95

crazydaze_95 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    ne md
    Vehicle:
    mall crawler till the jeep dies
    6inch fabtech lift kit, 35inch mickey thomphson atz, 16inch pro comp rims, deck plate mod, k&n air filter, diff lock grey wire mod, b&m trans cooler, flowmaster 40 muffler, clarion dxz755mc head unit, pioneer 6x8 3 ways in all four doors, infinity basslink powered subwoofer, mesh grille, power moonroof, geared to 4.88, fabtech light bar, custom skid plate.
    hi, i have a 2004 d cab that has the dreaded 6 inch fabtech lift. the shocks that came with the lift are crap and only lasted a year before leaking. my delema is i want to buy new shocks(not fabtech) and all i can find is shocks for a stock truck.

2. Jun 16, 2010 at 10:12 AM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    Did your lift come with coilovers? Or did it re-use your factory front shock assemblies?

3. Jun 16, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    Downsouth Motorsports

Downsouth Motorsports Downsouth Motorsport Vendor

Member:
    Mission Valley, San Diego
    2017 4-Runner Dirt King Long Travel King 2.5 Coil-Over / 2.5 Bypass Front and Rear ICON Rear Upper and Lower Arms ICON Rear 2" Springs 285 x 70 x 17 Toyo Tires on 17" x 8" ICON Wheels
    The Fabtech 6" lift for the 1st Gens came with longer replacement front struts. Options for replacing them are pretty much either buy new Fabtech fronts, or have some custom coil-overs built to suit your lift.

As a side note, I believe the Fabtech shocks should be under warranty against leaks. Especially if it was only a year. I would recommend contacting Fabtech to find out what they can do for you.

4. Jun 17, 2010 at 4:03 AM
    crazydaze_95

crazydaze_95 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    ne md
    Vehicle:
    mall crawler till the jeep dies
    6inch fabtech lift kit, 35inch mickey thomphson atz, 16inch pro comp rims, deck plate mod, k&n air filter, diff lock grey wire mod, b&m trans cooler, flowmaster 40 muffler, clarion dxz755mc head unit, pioneer 6x8 3 ways in all four doors, infinity basslink powered subwoofer, mesh grille, power moonroof, geared to 4.88, fabtech light bar, custom skid plate.
    thanks for the help-will contact fabtech today

Products Discussed in

To Top