Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

need to find correct shocks for 6 inch lift

Old 06-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #1
crazydaze_95 is on a distinguished road
crazydaze_95's Tacoma Gallery
need to find correct shocks for 6 inch lift

hi, i have a 2004 d cab that has the dreaded 6 inch fabtech lift. the shocks that came with the lift are crap and only lasted a year before leaking. my delema is i want to buy new shocks(not fabtech) and all i can find is shocks for a stock truck.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Did your lift come with coilovers? Or did it re-use your factory front shock assemblies?
Old 06-16-2010, 10:35 AM   #3
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
The Fabtech 6" lift for the 1st Gens came with longer replacement front struts. Options for replacing them are pretty much either buy new Fabtech fronts, or have some custom coil-overs built to suit your lift.

As a side note, I believe the Fabtech shocks should be under warranty against leaks. Especially if it was only a year. I would recommend contacting Fabtech to find out what they can do for you.