Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

All Pro or ARB bumper and stock coils?

Old 06-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
All Pro or ARB bumper and stock coils?

In the near future, when I get my 5100s at 2.5, and factory coils, will they hold the weight of the heavier bumper, or do I need new coils like OME 886 with my 5100s. Really dont want over 2.5" b/c too broke to buy new UCA Also if you have the above mentioned setup, please post pics. Thanks
Old 06-16-2010, 10:47 AM   #2
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Name: Pete
wilsonpj's Tacoma Gallery
From what I've seen the 886's are for +200 lbs of front weight. Think the all pro bumper comes in right around 100lbs. I think you could go either way but it might be a tad squishy with the 885's, I'm sure someone on here knows a tad more than I do.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
IMHO, go ARB, Not trying to bash all Pro, but look up the ARB impact tests on youtube...the things are designed to take damage. (not that we intentionally do that) X2 on the 886 coils, you'll need them to suppport the extra weight. I've got an ARB bumper and an OME 3" lift, no real noticeable difference in driving, (fuel consumption went up a little, but its worth it) and I have a more capable vehicle than what I had as stock.
Hope it helps.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #4
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienXtx View Post
^^^true about the 886's you will need them....i've also heard that the All-Pro is a piece of shit...lol
Yea me too but it looks good. The ARB is nice, yet very bulky! Anyone know weight of ARB off hand?
Old 06-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #5

Ha funny story my dad told me to get the bumper cause he backed our 4 wheeler into my sisters VW jetta, and the trailer hitch punched through the plastic grille, punctured the AC condenser and damaged the radiator. And the best part, estimates range from 800-2500 dollars for plastic parts! lol
Old 06-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
get one of these. they are stronger than the allpro but cheaper than the ARB
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rel...umper-buy.html
Old 06-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #7
mmmmm beer!
05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold

Name: Paul
05TacomaCO's Tacoma Gallery
I have 5100's set at 2.5, and allpro bumper. You can see pics in my gallery. Relentless fab makes a good looking bumper too.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacomaCO View Post
I have 5100's set at 2.5, and allpro bumper. You can see pics in my gallery. Relentless fab makes a good looking bumper too.
How much did it drop after bumper
Old 06-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #9
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
ARBs are +- 120lb,
Old 06-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #10
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetik873 View Post
ARBs are +- 120lb,
are u sure that's it?

My AP bumper is 120 lbs
Old 06-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #11
mmmmm beer!
05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold

Name: Paul
05TacomaCO's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't see any drop.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #12
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
If the front does drop some, you can use a small topspacer to gain back about .5" of lift.