Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

WTF?...come on Leeper. Any other options?

Old 06-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
WRrider450 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
WRrider450's Tacoma Gallery
WTF?...come on Leeper. Any other options?

So five days ago I called Dave at Leeper mfg and told him that I wanted a pair of his coilovers. He said that it was no problem and that he would reserve some for me and that he would call me when they were built. I got a call today saying that they were all sold out. Such a let down. I was able to put the money ($500) together but he let me down.

So know I am left with 500 bucks that I want to spend on my truck. I am stuck between DTLT headers and a suspension system. My question is if I decide to get some coilovers, what should I get?
Old 06-16-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Its not Davids fault. He said he would sell them until his supplies ran out. He did just that.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I was told this week they will have some ready but he called me one day and said that someone didn't pick theirs up. I guess I got lucky.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Its not Davids fault. He said he would sell them until his supplies ran out. He did just that.
I understand that. And I am definitely not trying to attack him or anything, he seemed like a cool guy. What I am saying is that I called him and said that I was ready to go, I had the money and was willing to go first thing the next morning to pick them up. He said that he would build some and let me know when they were done, which he said would be a week to a weak and a half. I just thought that he might have saved some for the people who reserved them, unless they offered him a better price or something.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:17 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I think he just decided it wasn't worth dealing with them anymore. An Icon guy got a hissy fit when he saw Dave building the shocks again.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:20 PM   #6
yeah he said that somebody came and sweeped out all of them (ford, chevy, gmc, nissan, toyota). so im guessing that icon, being scared punks, bought them all so nobody else could enjoy them
Old 06-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #7
tonyplanet will become famous soon enoughtonyplanet will become famous soon enough

tonyplanet's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I guess I got lucky. I paid last Thursday night and received them Tuesday via UPS. Dave is a cool guy, even included a free Leeper Shocks T-shirt with my coil-overs.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #9
bjohnson23 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
bjohnson23's Tacoma Gallery
Yep I'm pretty bumbed about it to i sent him my payment on friday and then got a refund email today. I'm also looking for a good 3" lift around this price range. Congrats to the guys that got a set!!
Old 06-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyplanet View Post
I guess I got lucky. I paid last Thursday night and received them Tuesday via UPS. Dave is a cool guy, even included a free Leeper Shocks T-shirt with my coil-overs.
Yeah did seem like a cool dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
If you want the thread to stay open- Let's leave what is in the past...In the past.

There are TONS of other options out there. Billy's, OME are probably in the price range you have saved up already.
Yup for sure, I didn't mean to cause trouble.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:31 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnson23 View Post
Yep I'm pretty bumbed about it to i talked to him on friday and he said he had plenty. So I sent him my payment and then I get a refund email form paypal today. I really
wanted these so now I'm back where I started. With no lift.
We are on the same exact boat
Old 06-16-2010, 10:16 PM   #12
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Moved to Suspension. More appropriate here than in 2nd gen sub-forum
Old 06-17-2010, 01:37 AM   #13
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
While I am glad he was able to unload all his inventory, it does suck for those that delayed a bit too long.

Oh well, back to my original plan I suppose.