Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

rear suspension

Old 06-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
yota05 is on a distinguished road
Name: thomas
yota05's Tacoma Gallery
Post rear suspension

I have a 05 tacoma 4x4. I was going down the interstate and the rear suspension bottom out when i went over a bumpy over pass at 70 mph.. Is there still a recall for the shocks and leaf springs.. Im new here and not sure if im asking my question right. Thanks thomas
Old 06-20-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
huntingskeetman is on a distinguished road
huntingskeetman's Tacoma Gallery
Dealer won't do TSB for rear suspension if you are out of warranty period. I went through same thing last spring with my 06 Access Cab 4x4. I was only 3months out of warranty and a few thousand miles and they still pimped me out of the fix. I just got a Roadmaster Active Suspension unit for rear leafs which I will be putting on this week, along with a set of TRD Bilsteins front and rear that I got off this forum from guy who took his off at low mileage for a lift kit mod.

Good luck - you might consider either the Roadmaster kit or new rear leafs and shocks to solve your problem.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingskeetman View Post
Dealer won't do TSB for rear suspension if you are out of warranty period. I went through same thing last spring with my 06 Access Cab 4x4. I was only 3months out of warranty and a few thousand miles and they still pimped me out of the fix. I just got a Roadmaster Active Suspension unit for rear leafs which I will be putting on this week, along with a set of TRD Bilsteins front and rear that I got off this forum from guy who took his off at low mileage for a lift kit mod.

Good luck - you might consider either the Roadmaster kit or new rear leafs and shocks to solve your problem.
Bolded part is not true- YOUR dealer wouldn't- but I know there are folks around here who have good relationships with their dealers who have had it done as a good will gesture after warranty has expired. Which is why it's important to ask the dealerships in your local area.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:57 PM   #5
huntingskeetman is on a distinguished road
huntingskeetman's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard of a few exceptions from certain dealers, but it sounds like you could be way out of warranty period. I fought like heck to get mine done, even wrote corporate Toyota and state attorneys consumer office to no avail. I was turned down by the regional service manager, the dealer service manager was nice and wanted to do job but the regional manager wouldn't approve the fix on company. I was told that had I complained while it was under warranty about a suspension problem, then they might have considered doing the TSB repair. I just found out a few months too late about the TSB - my bad luck I guess! LOL maybe you will find a nice dealer.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:02 PM   #6
yota05 is on a distinguished road
Name: thomas
yota05's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the info