Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

I bought the lift, hope I didn't screw up!

Old 06-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the lift, hope I didn't screw up!

The item description says I got a Ready Lift leveling kit with a 1" Lift Block Kit W/U-Bolts - Rear, and Front end alignment

Cost around 700 dollars.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
700 for a leveling kit and blocks? seems expensive. Why not just 5100s and an aal to raise a bit and level it out with smoother ride.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
700 for a leveling kit and blocks? seems expensive. Why not just 5100s and an aal to raise a bit and level it out with smoother ride.
^^

That

I would return or cancel that and do Billies and an AAL. Better and CHEAPER.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:11 PM   #5
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackToyotaTacoma View Post
The item description says I got a Ready Lift leveling kit with a 1" Lift Block Kit W/U-Bolts - Rear, and Front end alignment

Cost around 700 dollars.
Sorry dude we're not trying to be dicks or burst your bubble. Looking out for you is all. Try and cancel that order and let us know what kind of lift you thinking of getting.

This is a good source to come for input on everything. Even pricing before you pull the trigger on buying.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #6
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They(Woodys) will only install their own products due to "liability" issues, so that was the only way to go for me, the Toyota dealership was the only other option and they wanted over a grand for it.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #7

Firefighter:
Quote:
They(Woodys) will only install their own products due to "liability" issues, so that was the only way to go for me, the Toyota dealership was the only other option and they wanted over a grand for it.
There is a huge TX crowd here in TW. Buy the Billy 5100s yourself, get an AAL for the rear, and I am sure some of the guys will help you install over a case of beer.

Then you can take it to a shop to get it aligned.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #8
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
well...you pretty much screwed up....
Old 06-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #9
Derp

Quote:
There is a huge TX crowd here in TW. Buy the Billy 5100s yourself, get an AAL for the rear, and I am sure some of the guys will help you install over a case of beer.

Alright, I'll try and cancel the order, going to keep my fingers crossed if they'll let me do that. They did try to charge me 600 dollars just for a westin brush guard with installation, and I said no to that knowing it's super easy to install and it will only cost me 320 bucks on amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
well...you pretty much screwed up....
Figured I did lol.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #10
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
don't waste your money! like andrew said, there is a huge group of us in texas. check out the region forums...
Old 06-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #11
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

That sounds like the best route to go.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #12

Firefighter:
Quote:
Alright, I'll try and cancel the order, going to keep my fingers crossed if they'll let me do that. They did try to charge me 600 dollars just for a westin brush guard with installation, and I said no to that knowing it's super easy to install and it will only cost me 320 bucks on amazon.
If they give you shit, which they really shouldn't if you just placed the order, tell them you just found out you knocked your girlfriend up and need the money. They will probably feel bad for you and cancel. But I highly doubt they'll give you any trouble to begin with.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:24 PM   #13
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
^Wow not only do you know how about suspensions but you're good at coming up with these lies, too.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:24 PM   #14
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
My aal install was one of the first "real" (if you even want to call it that) wrenching that I've done on my truck. This was after a shop installed aal and then a block. Had all the tools already, all I needed was a jack and some stands.. I'm glad I did it myself, but was pissed that I paid some shop money for the other installs..
Old 06-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #15

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim920 View Post
^Wow not only do you know how about suspensions but you're good at coming up with these lies, too.

Hahaha I actually have no clue about suspensions. I just researched some shit and recently ordered the front billy 5100s. My truck is at the dealership right now seeing if it "qualifies" for the rear spring TSB.

About the lies.... guilty as charged

I just don't think a guy can refuse to give another guy a refund right after he finds out he knocked a girl up.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #16
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
def go for billies and aal. easily going to be the best 300 bucks you spent. and i bet the ride is a hell of a lot better than spacers
Old 06-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #17
Derp

You guys are talking about this right? --
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

http://www.jcwhitney.com/leaf-spring...uw9m0xiDg7-L43
Old 06-21-2010, 12:45 PM   #18

Firefighter:
Look on the vendors section to the left of the home page here. DSM. He sells them at a great price. Either buy all four or just the fronts which are the adjustable ones.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/downsouth-motorsports/
Old 06-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #20
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I think there are a few members on here from the tlyer area that could help with the install.