Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need your Coilovers rebuilt?

Old 06-21-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Need your Coilovers rebuilt?

Got this in an e-mail. The guy knows his stuff.

Quote:
A brief bio

At this point I have built/rebuilt in the range of 7-8 thousand shocks, I worked for King for a year before ending up at Donahoe where I not only built shocks but the entire shock department from the ground up. I have worked with everything from class 11 to Trophy Trucks, although most of the work goes to prerunners and sand buggies. Teams that I have either worked with include:

Canidae Racing- TT, Class 10
Quinn Motorsports- Class 1
SDI Racing- 1450 Superduty
Brian Grooves Racing- 1450 Toyota
Sack Racing- Multi time champion 5-16 bug, Class 9, sportsman buggy
GFO Racing- 1450 Ranger
Cold Forged- Class 11
Ebbert Bros. Racing- Class 1
Sick Nick Fab- 1450 f-150
Alliance Fabrication- 1450 ranger, 1450 Toyota
Blitzkrieg Motorsports- 7200 Ranger
and many many more...

Thanks,

Trent Hauber
Race Shock Prep
Email:haubs69vw@hotmail.com
Cell: (818) 201-5279
Old 06-21-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
Coolidge will become famous soon enough

Name: Guy
Coolidge's Tacoma Gallery
Im gonna email him now, Thanks. Im looking to get my Kings 'redid'
Old 06-21-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
sticky this
Old 06-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #4
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
throwing this addy in my contacts will come in handy when i need mine rebuilt
Old 06-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
sticky this
x2
Old 06-21-2010, 02:25 PM   #7
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
How do you know when they need "rebuilt"
Old 06-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #8
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk87 View Post
How do you know when they need "rebuilt"
If they no longer dampen the front end.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #9
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
where is he located?
Old 06-23-2010, 09:28 AM   #10

Matt, I just heard from him, He's in Orange, Ca
Old 06-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
wonder if he can beat walker evans $55 per CO?
Old 06-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
wonder if he can beat walker evans $55 per CO?
Unless W. Evans doesnt charge for parts, Negative
Old 06-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #13
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
no i dont. thanks tho
Old 06-23-2010, 01:49 PM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well that settles where i'm going i guess...lol.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:56 PM   #15

Hope he doesnt mind, but here is what I was quoted for my Kings:

"Normal labor on any non-bypass is 50 per shock to rebuild them, if you need to have me take the coils off I charge an extra 20 per shock because that is what I pay to use the spring compressor at King. You will be looking at about 60 in parts as well, which includes new seals and oil. So grand total you are looking at 160-200 depending on the coils..."
Old 06-23-2010, 05:23 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator

guess i should be more specific as well. WE wants $55 per CO and $10 per shock for the rebuild kits....and then shipping. my guess is they only do WE shocks/COs, but i dunno fo sho
Old 06-30-2010, 01:44 PM   #17
Hunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 1LT, Infantry (11A)
Name: Hunter
Hunter.V.White's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If they no longer dampen the front end.
About how long can they go before this starts to happen? I'm thinking of getting coil-overs, but I don't want to have to rebuild them every year. How would coil-overs compare to Bilsten 5100's in terms of lasting durability? Thanks for the info, please pardon the off-topic question
Old 06-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #18
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
What about replacing the spring?
Old 06-30-2010, 02:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter.V.White View Post
About how long can they go before this starts to happen? I'm thinking of getting coil-overs, but I don't want to have to rebuild them every year. How would coil-overs compare to Bilsten 5100's in terms of lasting durability? Thanks for the info, please pardon the off-topic question
Depending on use, CO's can last a year, if beaten on regularly, or much longer on a DD. THe bilstiens dont offer the adjustablility of the dampening, but have a lifetime warranty (Last I heard).
Old 09-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #20
Taco Rookie
lepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud of

Name: Frank
lepedog23's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to lepedog23
i went over to leeper so he could rebuild my leepers, he said he didnt do rebuilds anymore and said he knew a guy that was the best around town, he gave me trent hauber's phone number. i called trent i met with him at cal state long beach last week and said will try and have them by this week. super good guy. he's charging me 140 to rebuild them.
i put in his name in a search and it also came out that he works at the gmr in signal hill... he told me he works there a couple days a week... im just waiting for him to call when they're ready so i can possibly get them installed at the socal mod day. lol