Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

driver side bangin noise

Old 06-22-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
driver side bangin noise

oko i have been having a drivers side only clank or clunking sound felt throught the steering colum.....i went under truck today and checked wheel bearings and ball joints , tie rods, ect... everything ok
when i grab the wheel and shake it side to side i can hear the clunking noise in the steering cloum shaft...
should i be concerned about this????
i can also hear my wheel speed sensor rolling around in the tire;;;;
guess thats why the light is on

the noise is only there when i hit bumps on my drivers side
Old 06-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump
Old 06-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
BIG DADDY

no one??????
Old 06-22-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel bearings....
Old 06-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #5
BIG DADDY

dam no one else is gonna help out.......
where are the experts????/
Old 06-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #6
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
search maybe? ive seen similar threads like this
Old 06-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
BlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement:
Name: James
BlueSteel's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same issue on my 1998 Jeep Wrangler with the jerking and the column shifting. I am pretty positive that it is either the steering column bearing or the Intermediate steering shaft. I read somewhere on the forum that there is a TSB for the fix. My Tacoma does it from time to time and I will be taking it in for the issue.

My 2007 Hummer H3 had the same problem with the Intermediate steering shaft. I had it replaced by the factory so many times I couldn't count. I had steering column shifting and bump and also tapping and vibration on the gas pedal. This was a problem with all H3's

My mother's 2007 Pontiac Grand Pre GT had all the same issues and it turned out to be the Intermediate steering shaft. The crazy thing was that this is a totally different platform and she had low miles on the car.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:34 PM   #9
BIG DADDY

thank you....
at least i know nothing will fall off for my trip this week
rep to you