Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Wheeler's 3-Leaf Progressive AAL?

Old 06-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeler's 3-Leaf Progressive AAL?

I'm looking at swapping the block out for either a AAL or the Wheeler's 3-Leaf Progressive AAL. Can anyone comment on the Wheeler's 3-leaf pack? I'm curious how it compares to stock for stiffness and ride. I'll likely be coupling them with some 5100s.

How difficult is the install?

Thanks.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
It is better than stock. After I flexed them out and broke them in they really felt good. It is a truck and adding more leafs to the rear is going to make it firmer. The 3 leaf AAL is firm but not as harsh as the stock springs. A friend did my install so I cannot comment on the difficulty of install.

I also live in Littleton, I could give you a ride in my truck but it is a Regular cab. I am not sure if that effects the ride or not.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #3
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
well, after speaking with the guys at Wheelers, I just ordered them up. Better than stock... sign me up!

I appreciate the free ride offer, though.

Hopefully the install goes well. STOKED!
Old 06-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #4
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I replaced my single AAL with the wheelers 3 aal pack and its amazing. its super smooth. I have it with the 5100's as well.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #5
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
as long as you have a jack tall enough to get the springs away from the axle, the install should be pretty easy.

that was the only part i struggled with.

and you'll def. like the ride. i have the same set up in the rear for now
Old 06-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #6
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
the install is real easy too.
here is a write up, its for the single aal but its the same thing install wise
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...econd-gen.html

I went and bought a 3 ton jack from harbor freight for this. and I had to use blocks under my jack stands to get them high enough
Old 06-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #7
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
well, after speaking with the guys at Wheelers, I just ordered them up. Better than stock... sign me up!

I appreciate the free ride offer, though.

Hopefully the install goes well. STOKED!

They are good at helping us take that extra step to an empty wallet . I just bought a portable compressor from them after ordering my springs and struts.