Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

SAW 2.0 install, did I do it wrong?

Old 06-23-2010, 01:20 AM   #1
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
SAW 2.0 install, did I do it wrong?

Hii guys,

I had my SAW 2.0's installed last week with the smaller front head bolt facing forward on the LCA and larger facing the rear. I don't know if this is a big problem but when I go over bumps and dips in the road it seems like the Coilovers clunk hard. I got them used with no preload on them at 35" from ground to fender well, this was not enough so currently set at 37 1/2... I'm pretty sure I did not max out the Coils if you have any ideas or suggestions please chime in!

Thanks,
Rich
Attached Thumbnails
SAW 2.0 install, did I do it wrong?-0615000927.jpg  
Old 06-23-2010, 06:16 AM   #2
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
By no means do I have any expereince, but a member had kinda the same problem on the coilovers that were recently on sale that nobody can talk about due to its sensitive nature. The end result was they were cranked to high. Perhpas you need a rebuild.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:18 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
X2. Im thinking you need a rebuild, or the nitrogen re filled.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:26 AM   #4
modthemodded is on a distinguished road
modthemodded's Tacoma Gallery
i have the 2.5s i have it cranked up to 1 inch show on the thread and i also having clanks like yours , i called mark of metal tech he said its suppose to show only 3/8 of the thread or 1/2 inch max to obtain the best ride and function but this are the 2.5s . try calling metal tech ,look for mark or LT, 503 822 1111 hope it helps.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:26 AM   #5
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
How many miles are on the coilovers? Chances are you may need a rebuild or a recharge. I have mine on since Nov 07 and they ride smooth for me.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:57 AM   #6
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Guys -

The person who I bought it from had it all taken apart and cleaned up, he said they didn't need a recharge or rebuild. I'm guessing its the stock UCA / Ball Joints maxed out because once you preload coils it gives the UCA a slight downward bend the more you lift it up. Hopefully after new UCA's the sound will go away! If not time to get some KINGs
Old 06-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #7

Just talked to Sway Away a moment ago, the gentlemen suggested stock UCAs not giving enough droop. Therefor making the clunk sound, hmm I guess its time to put new UCA's on the truck. He also mentioned the bottom bolt shouldn't matter unless I'm running a Sway bar then it should be the other way around. Anyways I'll let you folks know what all happens when everything gets put on.

- Richard
Old 06-23-2010, 09:57 AM   #8
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you get all worked out.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:38 AM   #9
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
When I bought my 2.0s (used) they did the exact same thing. I took it down to 4wheelparts and got them recharged and now they don't clunk. It cost like $20 per shock.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:39 AM   #10
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
When I bought my 2.0s (used) they did the exact same thing. I took it down to 4wheelparts and got them recharged and now they don't clunk. It cost like $20 per shock.
If you hate 4WP, you can go to any motorcycle shop, ATV & ect and they should be able to recharge it too.