Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Bumpstops

Old 06-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #1
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Bumpstops

My dumbass ordered the AP rear Ubolt flip to go on when I install the Alcans, and didnt even think about bumpstops.

I know they sell the Timbrens, but I dont really plan to jump the truck , so I was wondering if there are any other options ( I spent too much on the truck already and dont really want to drop another 200 on bump stops right now).

is there any way to get teh stockers back on there temporarily until I come up with a better option.

Thanks in advance for any insite you guys might have

My other option is to just put the stock u bolts and lower plate back on for now and hope I dont hang them up on something

Justin
Old 06-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Here check out my thread hope it helps.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...stop-help.html
Old 06-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
I made some holes, and trimmed the stock ones up. Then threaded a bolt thru. Drew02a also did somthing similar, but he pinched his under the bolts. I wouldnt personlly do that, when I was looking for a way only half of the metal was under the bolt. So there was only half contact on the flip plate.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...uth-texas.html
I like this idea.

My flip kit came drilled and tapped for the Timbrens. Maybe I can find a set of used stock bumpstops and hack them up and have it ready for when I install them

Thanks for the help guys

Justin
Old 06-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #4

Quote:
You'll have 2 used ones when you pull off your stock hardware

oh I know, but I was thinking about having them all modded before hand to not slow down the install.

thats all..

since I am waiting for tires, I can use of some of that time

Justin
Old 06-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
DaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
DaWillDaBeast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I made some holes, and trimmed the stock ones up. Then threaded a bolt thru. Drew02a also did somthing similar, but he pinched his under the bolts. I wouldnt personlly do that, when I was looking for a way only half of the metal was under the bolt. So there was only half contact on the flip plate.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...uth-texas.html
I did simmilar but welded mine on, but later replaced it with a set of energy suspension 4 1/2 inch bumpstops, i like them and they are only $60.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWillDaBeast View Post
I did simmilar but welded mine on, but later replaced it with a set of energy suspension 4 1/2 inch bumpstops, i like them and they are only $60.

How much lift do you have, what kind os rear shocks, and do you have any issues with the 4.5" ones?
Old 01-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #7
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
I used the ubolt flip with timbren screw holes and bolted my factory bumps to that.