Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

popping noise from IFS on bumps. SLOW or FAST

Old 06-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down popping noise from IFS on bumps. SLOW or FAST

I have TC uca and 3in toytec coils. Recently I have noticed when I go over bumps a single pop from the front and it can come from either side WTF. Someone help or suggest where to start looking
Old 06-23-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Have you noticed any problems from this
Old 06-24-2010, 05:04 AM   #4
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
No apparent issues yet. I have been wanting to replace my CV's and front wheel bearings for a long time and have not gotten to it yet. The "pop" sounds just like a broken CV but my CV's are not out of the ordinary.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #5
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
could be from the stiffer coils clunking around
Old 06-24-2010, 12:53 PM   #6
tacomadude1234 is on a distinguished road
tacomadude1234's Tacoma Gallery
Same here, after I got my UCA's installed. It only happens everynow and then when i'm turning my wheels to back out of or go into a parking space usually. Mine makes a pop noise like my steering knuckles are f***ed up.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:57 PM   #8
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mine did it really bad when I first installed mine. I realized I had them maxed out and was at like 4" of lift
it was 100% horrible!

So I backed down and backed down and got to 2.5" of lift and im riding pretty smooth
Old 06-24-2010, 03:44 PM   #10
tacomadude1234 is on a distinguished road
tacomadude1234's Tacoma Gallery
I'm almost maxed out on the CO's, which could be why. I had them raised when I installed the UCA's. I needed to level it because I added a 1inch block in the rear. One more thing, before I had the UCA's, after I got the Co's put on, my steering column was off. As in my wheel was turned a bit when driving straight. Then after adding the UCA's my wheel was set straight again, so I know they had to do something with the steering assembly. Thats why I think its the steering making that noise, and not the co's.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:53 PM   #11
magog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud of

magog45's Tacoma Gallery
re; popping noise

You might want to check the ball joints, move them manually thru their full range of motion and give a good listen. I had the problem many years ago after ball joints were replaced and it turned out the supposedly sealed units weren't properly greased, knocking the plug out, putting in a grease fitting and filling them up solved the problem.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomadude1234 View Post
I'm almost maxed out on the CO's, which could be why. I had them raised when I installed the UCA's. I needed to level it because I added a 1inch block in the rear. One more thing, before I had the UCA's, after I got the Co's put on, my steering column was off. As in my wheel was turned a bit when driving straight. Then after adding the UCA's my wheel was set straight again, so I know they had to do something with the steering assembly. Thats why I think its the steering making that noise, and not the co's.
that would have to do with the alignment being off..
any time you change anything with the front suspension you need to get it re aligned
Old 06-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitbolt View Post
Did you install the sway bar relocation kit?
i relocated the sway bar to the barn
Old 06-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #15
motox_315 is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
motox_315's Tacoma Gallery
make sure your uca's are tight at the tape where the upper ball joint would be...could just be that adapter spacer allowing the bolt to shift and make a pop
Old 07-08-2010, 10:33 AM   #16
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2004 prerunner with just the 3" over the shock spacer and mine makes the exact same noise as you guys are having with the UCA and 4X4.....? I have noticed that the sway bar links have now ripped at the rubber boot section and can not find the relocation kit for the 2004 model only the 2nd gen's.