Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Question Regarding UCA's

Old 06-26-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
Silva is on a distinguished road
Silva's Tacoma Gallery
Question Regarding UCA's

I recently installed a pro comp 3" lift and was wondering if I needed to purchase uca's in order to clear bigger tires (33's). The truck is pretty much going to stay on road and I have no current alignment issues. So if I get rims with proper backspacing can I skip the uca's?. If so what backspacing is required? If not I have shopped around and I was considering purchasing the uca's light racing offers. Any and all help is appreciated and I can take pics upon request.

Thanks,

Silva
Old 06-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
twr437 is just really nicetwr437 is just really nicetwr437 is just really nicetwr437 is just really nice

Name: Tim
twr437's Tacoma Gallery
If you have 3" up fornt.....you do have allignment issues, you just don't know it yet. It will definetly be noticeable when you slap on bigger tires. I would recoment the LR UCA....best product for the money.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:42 AM   #3
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
It would be great to hear from someone that has "trail tested" the Light Racing - I don't mean fire trail tested, I mean some real trail testing. Anyone? Please... I would love to have a 'sealed' joint and the adjust-ability that these babies have!
Old 06-26-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
It would be great to hear from someone that has "trail tested" the Light Racing - I don't mean fire trail tested, I mean some real trail testing. Anyone? Please... I would love to have a 'sealed' joint and the adjust-ability that these babies have!
If you off road alot, opt for a Uniball UCA, like the Total Chaos. Dont let the exposed uniball fool ya. The military uses Uniball joints on alot of their vehicles, and mud, and other gunk dont hurt them. They are much stronger than an ball joint. Personally, I have had Mud, fine dirt, left my UCA's under water for a solid 4+ hours, and even had concrete dry on them, and they are still tight (3 years on vehicle), and squeak free. I have sprayed the uniball 2 times in the last few years with a dry teflon spray lube, just for general maintinance.

If your looking for alingment correction on a budget, and do moderate off roading, the LR UCA's would be fine. If you spend more time off road, or need more travel, get a Uniball UCA, Like TC, Camburg, or Icon.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #5
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If you off road alot, opt for a Uniball UCA, like the Total Chaos. Dont let the exposed uniball fool ya. The military uses Uniball joints on alot of their vehicles, and mud, and other gunk dont hurt them. They are much stronger than an ball joint. Personally, I have had Mud, fine dirt, left my UCA's under water for a solid 4+ hours, and even had concrete dry on them, and they are still tight (3 years on vehicle), and squeak free. I have sprayed the uniball 2 times in the last few years with a dry teflon spray lube, just for general maintinance.

If your looking for alingment correction on a budget, and do moderate off roading, the LR UCA's would be fine. If you spend more time off road, or need more travel, get a Uniball UCA, Like TC, Camburg, or Icon.
Thanks!

20k on my A/P 1.25 and I have not yet been able to get less than about 4.7 Caster and would like to see something that I can get lower than that.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #6
toycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
toycar18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post

COMPLETELY AGREE - I have the LR UCAs for alignment
Old 06-28-2010, 07:36 PM   #7
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by toycar18 View Post
COMPLETELY AGREE - I have the LR UCAs for alignment
You completely agree with the point that they are not meant to be wheeled that much or that they are good for budget correction of alignment?