Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

best front lift under >500?

Old 06-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
best front lift under >500?

i currently have a 3" spacer for my front end...didnt really research all the negatives of this lift and now regret it. i do occasional offroading and run the truck pretty hard. i DO NOT have the money for coilovers so dont tell me to do that. i was thinking about replacing the fron spacers with a OME 884 coil and maybe billy 5100s? will this give me the 3" of lift back and not give me any kind of problem off roading? i currently have trailmaster ssv shocks in the back with a 2" block (gonna get new leafs eventually). The OME set up is the best for the money correct?
Old 06-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
or will the spacers be fine for another year or 2 and i should just save for the spindle lift? or could can i put the 4" spindles on along with this OME set up later one down the road?
Old 06-27-2010, 03:15 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
maybe billy 5100s with OME 885s with a AAL
Old 06-27-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
First Class White Trash

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
maybe billy 5100s with OME 885s with a AAL
so this set up will give me a lot less of a risk of breaking something off road than with a spacer right?
Old 06-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #5
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
yes you can get ome now and add spindles later...but you will have 7" of lift
Old 06-27-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
First Class White Trash

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
yes you can get ome now and add spindles later...but you will have 7" of lift
will a new leaf pack and that 2" block be enough to make the truck not look retarded? and i would have to get what later on? longer break lines, longer steering colum? anything else? would UCAs be neccesary?
Old 06-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #7
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Save your money and buy the full OME lift. Its not that much trust me. Cheaper than spindles and way better than spacers. I'm like you, young and in high school. I have summer job and only get $160 every 2 weeks but I will soon have enough to make the next step. Think about it, its gonna cost around $2000 after lift tires UCA and all that stuff, but thats still feasable