Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Upgrade (pics)

Old 06-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #1
Pickett is on a distinguished road
Pickett's Tacoma Gallery
Upgrade (pics)

Its time for a Summer upgrade and I need some help!

My current setup - 5100's in the fronts @ 1.75 4pack leaf spring toyota update in the back. 16" alloys that look horrible and BFG A/T KO's 245/?/16

I'd like: more lift, larger tires and better rims (in that order). I rarely take this guy off road - its a 4x2 and isn't much fun in the mud - I've got a beat up 1st gen for that. But I'd like her to look a little cleaner and meaner without performance in mind.

Question is, where do I start? Toytec lift kit? Spacers? and more importantly how do I get some lift out of this under 1.5K? and if at all possible I'd love to do this work on my own - I have some limited experience but none of the tools. I've cruised the lift FAQ but I'd appreciate some input from someone who may have been in my situation and did the same thing.

Thanks!
Pickett
Old 06-28-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
if oyu already have the billys then I would add either new springs OME 886 or eibach.

you can get a AAL for the rear. and rattle can your wheels. that would be less than 400 bucks.

or you could go with the toytech coilover kit for your billys. that way you can adjust them but those are like 460 i think
Old 06-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #3
Pickett's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
if oyu already have the billys then I would add either new springs OME 886 or eibach.

you can get a AAL for the rear. and rattle can your wheels. that would be less than 400 bucks.

or you could go with the toytech coilover kit for your billys. that way you can adjust them but those are like 460 i think
Where would you get the AAL and the OME 886's - would I need Billys in the back? and how much lift would this give me over my current setup - am I going to need bigger tires to fill it out?
Old 06-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
you can get that at toytec or wheelers. thoose are the two main places I know of.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
Pickett's Tacoma Gallery
So are these 886's http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72 what I'm looking for? In addition to this AAL http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

EDIT: disregard the AAL comment....