Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

FOX 2.5 Resi Coilover question

Old 06-28-2010, 12:09 PM   #1
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
FOX 2.5 Resi Coilover question

Hey guys, I just got my Fox 2.5 and I was wondering about how much thread is needed to get about 2.75-3" lift out of them. Anyone running that same setup?

I have the all pro front bumper and I'm not long travel.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:32 AM   #3
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Bugs Life View Post
X2. I'm pretty sure for 3" there should be about an 1"-1.25" of thread from the top of the lock collar to the bottom of the top.

Btw how much did you pay for your c/o's?
I've read 1.5" I've read 4.3" I would just like to try and adjust them before I put them on the truck.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #4
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
1 sec let me check

edit: checked my build page and I said this...
Quote:

If whoever decides to get a set of these dont do the 4" of thread like all pro says....
you will get a terrible ride and they will make bad popping/clunking sounds.

I have about 2.5" of thread showing on the passenger side and 2 3/4" thread on the driver side and I think they are perfect.
lol yes I quoted myself
Old 06-29-2010, 07:40 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
It varies alot by vehicle. Start with 2" thread, and adjust from there. Setting them at 3" is gonna give a pretty stiff ride. You may want to go 2 to 2.5". Its gonna take a few days to ge the height right.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:41 AM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
Sweet thanks man, how much lift did you get out of those?
Who are you asking?
Old 06-29-2010, 07:48 AM   #8
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think im at 2.5" of lift.

I had them at the 4" of thread like allpro said and that was absolutly terrible. If I was 4wd that would have destroyed my front end. I backed off about an inch and it was still bad, jacked it back up and backed down some more...

like chris said, start at 2" and go up a little at a time.

Im at 2 1/2" on the pass side and 2 3/4" on driver side to account for the fuel tank

you can check my build page for pics of how it sits. the last page has new pics
Old 06-29-2010, 07:52 AM   #9

Quote:
Yea I think I'll just get spindles and keep them at stock height. Hate to go through the trouble and ruin the ride quality.
I thought you were running Leepers?
Old 06-29-2010, 07:53 AM   #10
Banned
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Who are you asking?
LOL sorry dude, didn't see your post my bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
I think im at 2.5" of lift.

I had them at the 4" of thread like allpro said and that was absolutly terrible. If I was 4wd that would have destroyed my front end. I backed off about an inch and it was still bad, jacked it back up and backed down some more...

like chris said, start at 2" and go up a little at a time.

Im at 2 1/2" on the pass side and 2 3/4" on driver side to account for the fuel tank

you can check my build page for pics of how it sits. the last page has new pics
Thanks man will do.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:55 AM   #11

Gud luwk
Old 06-29-2010, 07:58 AM   #12

Quote:
Was I bought them with 20k miles on them, the guy lied and said they were only offloaded on 1 trail, I brought them to Dave for a rebuild and he said the guy who sold them to me beat them to shit.

So they are being rebuilt at the moment.

It was weird, they ran great at first but after a little while they broke down

Never buy C/O's used I guess..

Anytime you buy used CO's, you need to get them rebuilt before installing them on your truck.