1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front Suspension Support Sub Assembly?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by KrackHouse, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Jun 29, 2010 at 6:47 AM
    KrackHouse

KrackHouse [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Does anyone know the part number on the "Front Suspension Support Sub Assembly" or the stock bolts for the top of the shock? This is for a 2007 PreRunner.
    I was installing my 5100's and OME 885s and I can't get the nut off the top of the shock to remove this piece. I held the top of the shock with one wrench and cranked on the nut with another, and ended up snapping the top off the stock shock. It is on there pretty good, and nothing seems to work. I was planning on taking it to a shop and paying someone to swap them out, but I figured I would just check the price of the parts first and weigh out my options.
    Anyone else had this problem?
    Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Jun 29, 2010 at 6:49 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Those top hats (which I think is what you are looking for) is about 50 bucks piece, pus the isolators which are like 30 bucks a pair and washer/spacers at a few more bucks.

Were you trying to remove the center nut from the top of the shock?? Was the spring compressed??

3. Jun 29, 2010 at 6:53 AM
    KrackHouse

Member:
    Yes, I was trying to remove the center nut, and the spring was compressed.

If you look at the picture I attached, it is the piece labeled "Front Suspension Support Sub Assembly".

4. Jun 29, 2010 at 11:47 AM
    yosh2000

yosh2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tundra CM 5.7
    ^ that piece is commenly called the "top hat" like brunes stated.

your not reusing your old shock are you? why not just cut the shock at the shaft between the spring, then you can just pull out the top and your good to go.

your looking at at least $80 for a new tophat...

5. Jun 29, 2010 at 12:33 PM
    KrackHouse

Member:
    I took it to a shop here in town and they got it taken apart... I went by toyota on my way and they quoted me $88/side for that part! Thanks for the info though. I will slap those shocks on after work and should be good to go!

Products Discussed in

To Top