1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

question about uniballs and snow....

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ttylerr, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Jul 22, 2010 at 12:07 AM
    ttylerr

ttylerr [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fort McMurray, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM 4Banger 4x4
    5% tint all around, Alpine IVA-W505, 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims w/Hercules Terra Trac 265/75, Grillcraft Grill, Slimcubby HIDs, Front 5100's @ 0 w/Eibach 1.6" springs, URD Short Shifter, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, Uniden Pro510XL and K30Mag Mount, Relentless Fab Bumper soon to come
    :eek: so yeah, as the title suggests, have any of you guys running uniball ucas whether they be camburg, total chaos, built right, whatever... has anyone had any issues with the uniballs being damaged by road salt or corrosion or that sort of thing? i'm looking to upgrade my ucas in the near future and want to go the uniball route, but living in southern ontario our roads get salted and calcium coated all the time during the winter and i can't see that being very good for the exposed uniballs. any info would be great!

2. Jul 22, 2010 at 12:12 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    My buddy Timicha runs the Camburg UCAs and hasnt had any issues yet after going through the snow/ice, and rain of winter here in central Oregon. With some regular care to clean and lube them they should be fine for a while IMO. Though I personally prefer the Light Racing UCA's, i've been running them for about a year now and they've been awesome. More adjustment than any other UCA, cheaper than other UCAs, offer more travel than stock UCA's, are fully sealed like stock, and have boots that can handle the angles associated with my truck sitting at 3.25" of lift. They're a WIN in my book. :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top