1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who actually makes the shocks for ToyTec?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TRDfly, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Nov 5, 2010 at 9:39 PM
    TRDfly

TRDfly [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Traverse City, MI
    Vehicle:
    Silver 07 DC, TRD off-road....it's the bomb!!
    DRL, Black Headlight mod, H.I.D's, Wet Ass Seatcovers, White instrument cluster, Illuminated 4x4 switch.
    Dumb question time.......

Who actually makes the shocks for ToyTec? I was looking for a stock shock replacement;looking at either Icon, Fox, King or ToyTec but can't decide between the brands.

Thanks for the feedback!

2. Nov 5, 2010 at 11:47 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    The Bilstein shocks ?

3. Nov 5, 2010 at 11:52 PM
    HarryTaco

HarryTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DCSB 4x4 V6 MGM
    Bed Mat, Bak Revolver Tonneau,
    Coils? I think they use eibach.

4. Nov 7, 2010 at 7:17 AM
    TRDfly

TRDfly [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Traverse City, MI
    Vehicle:
    Silver 07 DC, TRD off-road....it's the bomb!!
    DRL, Black Headlight mod, H.I.D's, Wet Ass Seatcovers, White instrument cluster, Illuminated 4x4 switch.
    Right, the coilovers. Who actually makes the struts/shock?

5. Nov 7, 2010 at 7:23 AM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    If you are going to spend the money on coil-overs. Dont waste your money on the Toytech "coil-overs" Sway-a-way is another option if you do not want to spend over a grand in shocks but if you do Kings are the way to go.

But this is only my opinion.

6. Nov 7, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
    the toytec coilovers are a combo 5100 paired with an eibach coil. i would check out sway aways, icons, or something else. ive been noticing a trend lately in people not happy with the ride of the toytecs. keep in mind lifting the truck will cause the truck to become a little "stiff". im running icons and i love em

7. Nov 7, 2010 at 10:06 AM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Ya what everyone else said. Toytec coilovers are eibach collars and springs and 5100 shocks, nothing to special about them but they work. Sway away is another great option for a cheaper price tag.

People say that they arent happy with a lot of coilovers lately and its because they are lifting the truck and expecting the ride to stay the same which is not going to happen. Just my observation

Products Discussed in

To Top