1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma 2008 Reg cab (advice please)

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TacomaME, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Nov 7, 2010 at 1:37 AM
    TacomaME

TacomaME [OP] Member

Member:
    :confused:Please advise me. I am looking at this tacoma to buy This would be my first tacoma. I am looking at a basic Reg Cab 2008 tacoma wheelbase 109.4 Automatic,4 cylinder 2.7 under15K miles IN the carfax I noticed a tire change at 3500 miles. Are there any considerations I need to know about this truck

2. Nov 7, 2010 at 2:01 AM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    What do you mean, tire change at 3500 miles? That's some strange record keeping, and people complain about google and face book...

Eh, carfax is not without its purpose, I just haven't found it yet. Is it just for bigots? "dun boughted in new york city? I ain't not dun want no dun con-sarned yankee automocar".

The cars have proven themselves pretty reliable, if not a little fuel in-efficient and rust prone (in the frame). 2008 is 3 years after the re-design. So, not new ideas. Kinks worked out. Its an automatic. so that sucks. But to each their own.

3. Nov 7, 2010 at 6:59 AM
    michaelg589

michaelg589 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Automatic 4 cylinder is certainly not my cup of tea. But if your just looking for a little truck that will be very reliable, this one sounds good to me. A tire change at 3500 miles is odd. I wonder why. Perhaps a blow out or two? And they wanted to keep the tires the same? Will this be your only vehicle? I personally dont think I could deal with a regular cab truck as my only transportation. No storage at all, unless you get a tonneau cover or cap.

4. Nov 7, 2010 at 9:01 AM
    speckdzl4shzl

speckdzl4shzl Tundy cruisin'

Member:
    Thornton, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Tundra
    after 2 yrs of owning my 2005 reg cab i would like some more room please. the engine is also pretty weak so if u need to haul ANYTHING get the 6. that or look into older tacos and tundras, you can get them VERY cheap.

how much they want for that truck? 14k?

5. Nov 7, 2010 at 9:11 AM
    RideFast

RideFast on the flats.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    I had a reg cab 5 speed for about 6 months and the reg cab go way to small way too fast, and it couldn't hold speed on long hills.
    U will fight that automatic tranny.
    Don't get me wrong, It's a really good engine and if you are lookin for a small truck it will work out for you.

Maybe look at a 1st gen v6 sr5 trd 4x4 extra cab for the same price.
    I paid 14k for my 02 with 28k miles 8 months ago!

6. Nov 7, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    epa4wd

epa4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Clazzio Seat Covers OR Wheels 40% tint Side Steps KC Fog Lights
    There could be a lot of reasons as to why the tire change at so little miles, I wouldn't be surprised it the tire was changed to something beefier which is what a lot of members here do.

I have that exact configuration, base 4cyl A/T, have not had issues with the automatic tranny, the truck has enough power for me, room is not an issue (I do have a tonneau cover so I can carry some stuff in the bed). If you are not going to do any heavy hauling, 4cyl is enough.

7. Nov 8, 2010 at 12:24 AM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    so you guys are confirming that carfax can somehow see your tire changes?

Is it their black helicopters or the satellites? regardless, I'm starting a class action privacy thing.

Products Discussed in

To Top