1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lifting my truck question on front end diff drop

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Steezyskis, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Nov 20, 2010 at 11:33 PM
    Steezyskis

Steezyskis [OP] I ski I work I'm rad

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Lake Tahoe (west shore)
    Vehicle:
    Black 05 DC 4x4 sport SB
    Tuff country front bumper, Walker Evans 2.5 coilovers, Allpro 3" rear leafs with 5100s and an Allpro U-bolt flip kit, K&N CAI, 16x8 Raceline raptor wheels wrapped with 285 Toyo ATs, Sockmonkey bed decals, Softtopper camper shell, half debadged with black painted tacoma emblems, B.A.M.F rock sliders, GT covers, BHLM, PIAA lights and more to come.
    So I recently bought some walker evens 2.5 coilovers and a pair of north west off road rear leafs. I've since installed them and I've been wondering if anyone knows of a quality brand of a diff drop only not the whole front and back lift just the diff drop itself. Thanks for your help.

2. Nov 20, 2010 at 11:37 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    diff drops dont work. Toytec makes a kit but it only rotates the diff. doing nothing. Some argue the diff drop drops the diff 1/4" but even so 1/4" drop at the diff only = .4 degrees difference. not enough to help.

2 negative effects of the diff drop is 1. it lowers your diff mounts which can make them vulnerable. (ask MJP2) 2. it rotates the rear of the diff upward which raises the pinion side of the diff which means less oil to the pinion, not the best option.

3. Nov 20, 2010 at 11:56 PM
    Steezyskis

Steezyskis [OP] I ski I work I'm rad

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Lake Tahoe (west shore)
    Vehicle:
    Black 05 DC 4x4 sport SB
    Tuff country front bumper, Walker Evans 2.5 coilovers, Allpro 3" rear leafs with 5100s and an Allpro U-bolt flip kit, K&N CAI, 16x8 Raceline raptor wheels wrapped with 285 Toyo ATs, Sockmonkey bed decals, Softtopper camper shell, half debadged with black painted tacoma emblems, B.A.M.F rock sliders, GT covers, BHLM, PIAA lights and more to come.
    Alright thanks. I've also seen the allpro Chromoly upper a arms and it says it's supposed to correct suspention geometry on liffted applications but I wasn't sure what exactly they ment. Know of any other ways to help my cvs out at all.

4. Nov 21, 2010 at 12:01 AM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    the UCA's wont do anything for the cv angles. Depending on your lift, 2.5" is optimal 2.75" max before the cvs get pissed lol.

biggest limit of the ifs is the cvs. not much you can do...

RCV makes CVs that can handle greater angles than stock but are very pricey.

Products Discussed in

To Top