1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lifting questions.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by DFPTaco, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Aug 18, 2008 at 8:52 PM
    DFPTaco

DFPTaco [OP] It's TACO time!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    19 DC SB TRD OFF ROAD
    little lift, wheels and tires, prinsu rack, TRD Pro grille, some lights, and some scratches.
    I would like to lift my truck about 3 inches for a little more clearance and for more rubber. I read the sticky thing and am thinking about going with the 5100's. My questions are as follows:

1) Are the 5100s better than the spacers for the front?

2) For the rear what should I do? packs, add a leaf or the lift blocks? or will replacing the rear shocks with the 5100s be enough?

3)How much do I need to lift the rear to level it with the front after adding the 5100s?

4) Is there anything else I need to do? Like the leveling kit from readylift?

Sorry for all the lame questions, this is the first time I am delving into lifting my truck so I'm new and want to get as much info as possible so I don't end up waisting my money and ruining my truck.

2. Aug 18, 2008 at 9:16 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    welcome to tw!!

ok......billy 5100's are probably way better than spacers for the front. but, just using billy 5100's.......you will only achieve 2.5 inches of lift at the top setting.

billy 5100's on the rear will have no lift, but they will ride good. i think an aal will be alot better than blocks.....as you wont have much axle wrap as you will with a block.

using the 5100's in the front, if you dont get the rear leaf tsb, you may need a different set of leafs and an aal to level the rear....and thats with the billys on the top setting. of course....you could always use maybe a one inch spacer if you wanted.....but you gotta gage it on where the front sits for levelness.

probably the best thing for a 3 inch lift........cost wise anyway, would be a nice 3 inch toytec lift with aal's. just my opinion anyway......and the billy 5100's would be a very nice addition for it!! hope this helps!!:)

3. Aug 19, 2008 at 4:17 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    What he said ^^^^^^^^

Products Discussed in

To Top