1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Post lift install questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by CaptMorgan, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Jan 10, 2011 at 9:56 AM
    CaptMorgan

CaptMorgan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tempe
    Lift, tires, aux-in, LED Taillights, Flowmaster
    Just did my install yesterday including TC UCA and Coilovers and I have a couple questions / requests

Hoping someone knows or could take the measurements to the top of the fender well on a 3” lift with 285/70/17. Since I was coming from a 3” lift I should have measured in advance so I could get right back where it was but failed to do so. Right now the driver’s side is at about 38” and the passenger’s side is a little over 39”. That is measured through the lug nuts. It definitely looks a little higher and is riding pretty firm almost bouncy.

Will I have any difficulty lowering the suspension without lifting the front off the ground?

Also, I am pretty sure an alignment will cure the problem, but I can hear a rotational grinding noise when moving. It is most noticeable in turns. When I lowered my first love (2000 S10) years ago I remember having the same noises and the alignment cleared them up. I was just hoping someone could explain this noise. Best I can figure is it’s the brakes or dust shields but I cannot figure out why they would make noise based on a need for an alignment.

Thanks!

2. Jan 10, 2011 at 10:09 AM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Congrats man! I'm sitting at 38.5" both sides but took a lot of playing with. My 2.5" spacer had me at 38 so it seems accurate for 3". I'm pretty sure you'll have to get it up to adjust it. As far as the noises, do u have any tire wear marks in the wheel wells? Check the body mounts, fenders and pinch weld. Had to get my caster up to 3* to clear the rear section of the fenders by the pinch weld. And still had to cut it all up.

3. Jan 10, 2011 at 10:27 AM
    CaptMorgan

Member:
    Tempe

I know its not the tires hitting on anything, been lifted for awhile and know the rubbing habits. Also it is very distinct to be some sort of metallic noise.

4. Jan 10, 2011 at 10:33 AM
    CaptMorgan

Member:
    Tempe
    Also, can someone tell me the alignment specs I should expect when the alignment is done? Getting my alignment done today and want to know at the time they complete it if they got it into spec.

Thanks

5. Jan 10, 2011 at 11:46 AM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Toe 0