1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lifting with add a leaf and 5100s

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by goodcanopy, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Mar 5, 2011 at 9:01 AM
    goodcanopy

goodcanopy [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    tennessee
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD access cab 4x4
    I am trying to learn all I can from you all about this subject and I thank you for all the time and effort you all put into helping a brother out...My questions...I want to put 5100s in front with the 1.75(?) setting .In combination I want to put an add aleaf in the rear which will raise it up 1.5. 1st..can I add a leaf in conjunction with 5100s in the rear and 2- if the leaf adjustment in rear is lifting the truck 1.5" in rear should I increase the front height to the 2.25(highest) setting in the front?..and if I do that will I do any damage to my drive system..One more and I know this will make some of you snicker..but Im new to this...will all of this increase the distance my differential etc from the ground? (ok more than 2 questions)...From what I have already learned from you guys I think I know the answers .. but I want to make sure I will be doing this right .thanks guys!

2. Mar 5, 2011 at 9:24 AM
    P-Hill Tacoma

P-Hill Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Short Bed 4WD Off Road Barcelona Red
    Fr Bilsteins@1.75", Rr Bilsteins w/ 1.5" AAL & RideRite Airbags, Truxedo Lo-Pro Tonneau, Step Tubes, 1.25" Spidertrax
    I did 1.75 front and 1.5 aal with non tsb spring bilstein front and back. I actually got 1.75" in the back too. It raises the front dif. but the back can only be raised with larger tires. 2.25 on the front can cause some alignment problems and cv joint problems. (search)

Products Discussed in

To Top