1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear tsb WTF!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by double dee, May 4, 2011.

1. May 4, 2011 at 3:51 PM
    double dee

double dee [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    I just called the dealer to get the rear tsb done and they said there are no parts available to this tsb anymore and a revision is being made? Anyone else heard this cause i'm saying WTF

2. May 4, 2011 at 3:52 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    try calling a different dealer

3. May 6, 2011 at 3:57 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    Sounds like bad information you got there.

4. May 6, 2011 at 4:11 PM
    That Dude Tim

That Dude Tim Toyota Technician

Member:
    Elyria, OH
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Falken Wildpeak AT3/W, BLK Mk6, ICON's, Firestone Ride Rites, SHLM, Rear view camera switch, 7-pin in bumper, Lighted 4x4 switch, ImMrYo bracket, mudflap delete
    I just signed into the Toyota online site (TIS) and double checked the rear spring harsh ride TSB. The last time there was a revision was on December 21, 2010. So yeah THAT dealer is full of shit. Call another one. But as far as the parts go, there could be a posibility of a shortage b/c of the Japan issue. We were told at our dealer the only parts "we" the USA has are what's in other dealers and not on new cars. But anyway yeah call another dealer.

5. May 6, 2011 at 4:25 PM
    tanktodd

tanktodd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    back on the right side of the bay, Ala
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner w/TRD Sport Pkg
    Limo tint in back w/ 20% on doors. Removed all badges. Stereo headunit, all new door speakers, 2 amps, and 10' sub...so far Black bullbar MotoMetals and 285/70/17 Duratracs. 3" OME springs in front and aal in back with tsb springs Black UWS tool box 5100's all around Plasti-dipped evo front end Fog light anytime mod OEM steps (for sale) HID fogs 55w 3000k HID heads 35 w 6000k "Cool white" dome & map lights
    Sounds like They just don't want to do it

6. May 6, 2011 at 4:31 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    You mean you called and complained about a harsh ride under load and he diagnosed over the phone and told you of a parts shortage? Or did you just say "I want the TSB and I am too selfish to let you get any money for diagnosis... here is the TSB to solve the problem I self diagosed. I want you to put it on for a reduced pay rate." Just wondering which way you went? If the later, I would have not wanted to do it either.

7. May 10, 2011 at 9:01 AM
    Krackalacka

Krackalacka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD SR5 Sport
    B 5100s 2.5 AAL Suspension Lift
    Either Way, its still money for them and for fuck sake if you have some knowldedge about your vehicle and just want a little help. Ridiculous.

8. May 10, 2011 at 8:41 PM
    brelandt

brelandt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Dublin, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner reg cab SR5
    3" lift front and back
    Wait I think the leafs come from Mexico and one other country, not Japan, Also I know the frames and axle on the 1st gen where made my Dana which is Ohio? The metal for the body is from Pennsylvania and the truck was put together in Fremont, CA. The 2nd Gen is from Texas but unsure where the frame parts are from but I don't think Japan has anything to do with that? Maybe I'm wrong on that?

9. May 11, 2011 at 2:05 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    You should not self diagnose. You are taking profit away from them. Just use the words in the TSB... harsh ride when loaded. Let them have the money for diagnosis. They are graded on profit level per job. If you are a dick and undercut their profit dont be upset when they are dicks and dont want to do the TSB.

10. May 11, 2011 at 2:12 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    Since the earthquake & tsunami, Toyota factories in Japan are running at 50% capacity and those outside Japan are at 40% capacity. It's affecting parts supply chains too.

11. May 11, 2011 at 2:18 PM
    formulabird1997

formulabird1997 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    shaw afb, sc
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma trd sport
    Kobalt compact tool box, Rear spring tsb
  12. May 11, 2011 at 7:21 PM
    Bryan139

Bryan139 I have a spectacular aura

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport
    I cut some wires here. Added some wires there.
    Here's how I got the tsb on my '09 before the '09s were included, pretty easy actually. On the Toyota website it says these trucks have a safe payload capacity of something like 1000lbs. I don't remember the exact number. Safe is kind of relative, what's safe to you might be psychotic to me. So I told them o helped a friend move over the weekend and Im calling bullshit, this thing can't SAFELY haul that. And without the aal tsb it can't. There some kind of advertising legality involved there also. So after getting shot down again I filed a complaint with the federal trade commission online, took 90 seconds, I figure I pay taxes, let em work. The FTC notifies Toyota that a complaint has been filed, its manditory. The dealership called me 2 days later to make an appointment. I was pissed though, I filed a complaint with the BBB too, saying they lied, this thing is going to kill me if I put the weight in it they say it can hold, etc. I really played up the safety aspect of the weight capacity on the website. It's such a harsh ride that the rear is all over the place! Don't be a dick though, a concerned parent, uncle, kids towing a boat kind of guy is going to carry a lot more weight than a dude that found the tsb online and now he wants it.

13. May 12, 2011 at 5:51 AM
    Krackalacka

Krackalacka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD SR5 Sport
    B 5100s 2.5 AAL Suspension Lift

We all work on our own vehicles, i'm yet to clearly see where knowing your own fucking vehicle and telling the dealership your opinion on what is wrong qualifies you as a dick. Maybe i'm just not used to someone doing all my truck work for me.

14. May 12, 2011 at 6:12 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    It's not being a dick telling a dealership what's wrong with your truck in my opinion but you should let them try to diagnose it first (it's a control thing for them). I'd have a copy of the TSB already printed out and ready to show them if they say they can't find anything wrong though... If all the dealerships were competent and actually did the right thing for people, this wouldn't be an issue.

I had to go around and around with those jerkjobs to get the TSB done on my truck and I finally ended up calling Toyota Customer Service, having them e-mail the TSB so I could print it out and show it to the service manager (This all happened before I knew about this site). I did give them the opportunity to diagnose the problem on their own and they blew it, wasting a lot of my time in the process, so I see nothing wrong with expediting the process.

15. May 12, 2011 at 6:57 AM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Where do you work? Because I'm not going to be doing business with you if that's your attitude.

It's my vehicle, I like my vehicle, I'm a car guy, I do know some things about a vehicle and if I want to self diagnose then so be it. Your job is customer service. That means when I come to you with a TSB or issue with MY car then you should listen to what I have to say and if the TSB is applicable to the vehicle then it SHOULD be done.

If you are not a customer service type and a selfish money grabbing prick... Then go find another job where I won't have to deal with you.

16. May 12, 2011 at 7:13 AM
    Bryan139

Bryan139 I have a spectacular aura

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport
    I cut some wires here. Added some wires there.
    Most owners wouldn't think twice about their rear suspension if they didn't know about the tsb. At the most they might think 'wow, that bitch sags under a load, definitely going to want to do an aal and not just a block when I lift it" and away they'd go. Like the Taco tick, pussy springs would just be a part of tacoma culture, accepted because it's an inexpensive fix or hardly noticable in the first place. There's already at least one "it's a truck, not a sedan" type comment on here daily when somebody mentions a harsh ride or *gasp* some annoying ass kazoo noise. You can know so much about your truck that your last name is Toyota, it's a simple fact that if you walk in there with tsb in hand they are immediately going to think you found it online and insist on getting it done and shoot you down. If you come at them from the angle of I was concerned for my safety, and after you said you couldn't find anything wrong, I started looking around and found other complaints and came across this, show them the tsb THEN, and be like "Is this something that would apply to my truck? It sounds logical that an added leaf would probably address my safety concerns." It's like a parking ticket or speeding ticket in municipal court, just because you know you're right doesn't mean you're going to win. They already have disclaimers saying due to different packages capacities have been decreased, so they have thier asses covered. Believe me, I agree 100%, you're not wrong, but these tsb wars have been raging for years. Sometimes you have to lie to the enemy and play dumb, but you get a better suspension out of it. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top