1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

looking for a little guidance....

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by rampking, May 13, 2011.

1. May 13, 2011 at 3:57 AM
    rampking

rampking [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey guys,

Been lurking around here for a long time reading a lot. Now its time to ask for help.

I am looking to put a lift on the 09 DC LB sport...was thinking along the lines of the bilestines 5100's or the OME 885's up front.

I am worried about the drive line vibe and I also don't want to sacrfice my ride quality but I also want a cheaper setup like this. Can someone give me feedback on which setup is getting good reviews and give me a breakdown of what needs to be ordered and from where....I am 90% on the pavement with the odd excursion on a offroad trail.....Thanks for the help. I know this topic has been beaten to death.

Rampking

2. May 14, 2011 at 9:37 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    I'm making an educated guess that the DCLBs are less susceptible to driveline vibes since they have a longer driveline... i would think. Just put some 3* shims on the rear when you lift it, can't hurt anything.

3. May 14, 2011 at 9:52 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I installed the full OME kit on my truck , no vibes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. May 15, 2011 at 3:21 AM
    rampking

rampking [OP] New Member

Member:
    OX-T ,

O.K. thats the exact same truck as mine, how much if you don't mind me asking is the full OME kit ou have installed? and also do you have a link that list all the parts included?

How does the ride feel? I am concerned about ride quality as the roads here have a crap load of pot holes and hey can shake the crap out of you, I wouldn't want it to get any worse.

I really apreciate the help.

Thanks everyone

5. May 15, 2011 at 9:16 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    OX-T , Lol

Here is a link to the Toytec pricing for this OME kit You may find a better price elsewhere , but that will give you an idea what you are up against .

You should also get some aftermarket UCA's to make sure you can get a proper alignment after lifting , I chose the LR UCA's If you do not plan on adding an aftermarket steel front bumper and winch , I suggest the 885's for your DCLB , if you are going to add a bumper / winch , go with the 886 coils .

If you do not haul weight in the bed or plan on adding a cap , you would be fine with the AAL option rather than the full OME Dakar leaf pack , which hauls well but is a stiff rear ride when the bed is empty .

I was fortunate to not get the vibes that many have experienced , but I really think that part is a bit of a crap shoot , going with the OME lift will not garauntee you no vibes .

One thing I would strongly suggest if you do go with the Dakars is to add a centre pin collar extension before you install the leaf pack , this will allow you the option of adding axle shims later if you need to use them to correct a driveline vibe .

The centre pin that comes with the Dakars doesn't provide enough length to add shims and have the pin well seated in the axle spring perch .

Good thread on that here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2839336

Products Discussed in

To Top