1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My potential lift set up, would like opinions.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 423Mram, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Jun 15, 2011 at 9:10 PM
    423Mram

423Mram [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Cali
    Vehicle:
    06 Super White PreRunner DCLB
    I am looking to lift my truck hopefully come next March or April, about a year away I know, but that's when I believe I may have the extra cash laying around. Anyway, I think I came down to a set up that I like and was wondering what you guys thought and if the install price was reasonable. What I was thinking consist of:

Total Chaos Spindle
    Total Chaos UCA
    ICON RR C/O in front
    ICON AAL
    ICON Shocks in the back

Kit and install for $4950

Thoughts?

I have been reading up on the forum a lot lately and hope I understood all I read correctly. I would like to get around 4" of lift. I believe the spindle is 3.5, so I would have to have the shop set the c/o to achieve that extra .5 of lift. From what I've read the driver side usually is set higher due to "Taco Lean."
    Now the back is where I am unsure of. If I achieve the 4" in the front, I imagine I will have a considerable amount of "Bro Lean" with only an AAL in the back. I am looking to get it fairly level, but wouldn't mind a little bit of a lean. Searching the site I believe All Pro makes a 3" leaf spring set, so that could get me closer to being level. Maybe I add a 1" block? I know blocks are frowned upon and I would rather not use them if you guys think I will regret it in the long run.

Again, it will be a while before I do anything, just in my planning/researching mode! Looking for thoughts/input more than anything.

2. Jun 15, 2011 at 9:48 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Looks good to me. If you don't wanted it bro'd, Just set the front to zero first, see where it sits... with the 3" spring in the rear.

Not sure about ICON exactly, but my SAWs cure the taco-lean by cranking the drivers side about 1/8-1/4" more.

Products Discussed in

To Top