Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/)
-   -   Rear Suspension Help! (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/166088-rear-suspension-help.html)

diapsalmata 07-10-2011 11:17 AM

Rear Suspension Help!

Alright, i've been wanting to level my truck for a while now but something occurred to me this weekend. Towing my dad's boat with some extra camping gear in the bed made the truck look really sagged. I was just going to buy 5100's all around, and set the front at 1.75" to level it out, then put on some 265/75's. If the truck already looks sagged without the leveling, it's gonna look even worse afterwards.

Do Add-A-Leafs give you better load capacity? I don't want to add more than 1" in the rear, and also want to retain decent off-roading ability. I was told Hellwig's and other overload springs can bend your stock leaf pack while off-roading.

With 1.75" of lift in the front, at most I want to lift the rear 1". With hopes of the truck sitting level, or just slightly nose high while hauling a load.

Any suggestions?

I would generally want a bigger lift, but i don't have the budget to throw in a diff-drop, upper control arms, and stuff like that. Just shocks/coils/leafs will have to do it for me.

iRepLONGBEACH 07-10-2011 11:20 AM

i hear when u get the rear tsb done, it will sit 1" higher than stock in rear once it settles.

KPT 07-10-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diapsalmata (Post 3415161)
Alright, i've been wanting to level my truck for a while now but something occurred to me this weekend. Towing my dad's boat with some extra camping gear in the bed made the truck look really sagged. I was just going to buy 5100's all around, and set the front at 1.75" to level it out, then put on some 265/75's. If the truck already looks sagged without the leveling, it's gonna look even worse afterwards.

Do Add-A-Leafs give you better load capacity? I don't want to add more than 1" in the rear, and also want to retain decent off-roading ability. I was told Hellwig's and other overload springs can bend your stock leaf pack while off-roading.

With 1.75" of lift in the front, at most I want to lift the rear 1". With hopes of the truck sitting level, or just slightly nose high while hauling a load.

Any suggestions?

I would generally want a bigger lift, but i don't have the budget to throw in a diff-drop, upper control arms, and stuff like that. Just shocks/coils/leafs will have to do it for me.

I don't know of any aals that lift only 1". They are mostly 1.5"-2".

KPT 07-10-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRepLONGBEACH (Post 3415172)
i hear when u get the rear tsb done, it will sit 1" higher than stock in rear once it settles.

Yes but he is well outside the 3 year warranty for TSB work.

iRepLONGBEACH 07-10-2011 11:24 AM

oic. well ya, i guess the 1.5" aal will still give a good stance with 5100s @ 1.75 up front

diapsalmata 07-10-2011 11:28 AM

If i set the 5100's to 2.5" will i have to get UCA's and a diff-drop, or can i trust that everything stays reliable without any mods?

KPT 07-10-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diapsalmata (Post 3415205)
If i set the 5100's to 2.5" will i have to get UCA's and a diff-drop, or can i trust that everything stays reliable without any mods?

Diff drops are useless on 2nd gens. At 2.5" it will be hit or miss with stock ucas